Fear the Walking Dead?

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Anyone catch the trailer during the Walking Dead season finale? It was so darn short!

I will be interested in it!

I always wondered the story behind the Walking Dead and how the world got that way. I think AMC has a plethora of series based on the successes of current programs.

Pretty good marketing by AMC!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: Fear of the Walking Dead?

Some talk that Walking Dead will be done in three years although we are only on comic #74 out of #137 with 160 more to come. Fear of the Walking Dead would continue if enough people watch.

So who is the stat leader in zombie kills so far?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Some talk that Walking Dead will be done in three years although we are only on comic #74 out of #137 with 160 more to come. Fear of the Walking Dead would continue if enough people watch.

So who is the stat leader in zombie kills so far?

Without spoilers...the comic series just basically 2.0'd itself with a neat 'ending' and new 'beginning'. So there is a very very good stopping point that I'm guessing would be 2-3 seasons max away from. Also the reboot in the comic is something AMC could come back to in 4-5 years if they want to bring these exact characters back.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

I'll probably watch, but it may start to be a bit much for me. I still waver on how much I really like the Walking Dead, although it somehow always does just enough to bring me back. Not sure I need continual zombie show year round though.

I have really enjoyed Better Call Saul, but I hope AMC isn't going to get in a rut and start rebooting all of their popular shows.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013

The DVR cut off that trailer for me. So it's an origin story for the apocalypse?

The trailer was only for 10 to 15 sec. and it took me all of that time to realize what it was all about. I thought it was a spoof and then I did some research, and it is a series coming out this summer!

Yes, I believe so. It takes place on the west coast and will not have any of the current walking dead characters in it, whole new cast. But I believe it will show how the US got into the zombie mess to begin with.

I believe that the walking dead will only go 1-4 more seasons and will end at some point, like they had to end BB. One thing about the Walking Dead the zombies can only go so long. I would think, eventually the remaining living would kill most of the zombies in time. Or the zombies would just starve to death since all the living things would either be harder and harder to find, like the wild animals.

As we know, all great shows come to an end, so this Fear of the Walking Dead will keep AMC ratings juiced up since it has such a large following from the Walking Dead. Kind of like how Better Call Saul is doing well, since BB had such a great following.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013

I'll probably watch, but it may start to be a bit much for me. I still waver on how much I really like the Walking Dead, although it somehow always does just enough to bring me back. Not sure I need continual zombie show year round though.

I have really enjoyed Better Call Saul, but I hope AMC isn't going to get in a rut and start rebooting all of their popular shows.

Yeah, rebooting shows can get old, but they are doing so well on their shows, AMC prolly cannot resist. It is easier and less risky that trying totally new stuff.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA

Not sure I like the title, but I'm interested in seeing where this goes. It'll be nice to see how this whole thing started. However, I wish we could see what it's like somewhere outside of the US like the UK so we wouldn't need subtitles.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

Not sure I like the title, but I'm interested in seeing where this goes. It'll be nice to see how this whole thing started. However, I wish we could see what it's like somewhere outside of the US like the UK so we wouldn't need subtitles.
Yes, I agree that the title is absolutely stupid. When I first heard it, the first thought through my head was "that was the best they could come up with"? I mean, I know they want to make clear that the show was related to The Walking Dead, but it was a bit much.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

I missed the trailer too, I guess. But the end of the season blew me away. Probably 30 of the best seconds of TV I've ever seen.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Yes, I agree that the title is absolutely stupid. When I first heard it, the first thought through my head was "that was the best they could come up with"? I mean, I know they want to make clear that the show was related to The Walking Dead, but it was a bit much.

It's actually "Fear the Walking Dead" if that makes any difference.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA

The worst part is that "the walking dead" is referring to the living people in the show. So it doesn't even make any sense to call it Fear the Walking Dead because that show will take place at the beginning of the outbreak. At that point, the people will fear the zombies. It wasn't until this season that we found out the walking dead refers to the living.

Last edited:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

Walking Dead will only go like another 3 seasons. They talk about it going forever, but around comic 130 there is a time jump and I have no idea how the show would be able to handle it. I like the idea of stopping around 130 and then picking the show back up in like 5 years. Fear the Walking Dead should be great for explaining the time from Rick getting shot to when he wakes up. Plus it's totally new material so comic readers will have no idea what's gonna happen.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Walking Dead will only go like another 3 seasons. They talk about it going forever, but around comic 130 there is a time jump and I have no idea how the show would be able to handle it. I like the idea of stopping around 130 and then picking the show back up in like 5 years. Fear the Walking Dead should be great for explaining the time from Rick getting shot to when he wakes up. Plus it's totally new material so comic readers will have no idea what's gonna happen.

This is what I was talking about. Perfect end point...but also perfect way to bring back the core characters 5-6 years later and even recast some roles if the want or need to.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

This is what I was talking about. Perfect end point...but also perfect way to bring back the core characters 5-6 years later and even recast some roles if the want or need to.

Yep. Re-cast Carl.... Or just kill his dumb ***. I ******* hate Carl.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

They talk about it going forever, but around comic 130 there is a time jump and I have no idea how the show would be able to handle it.

Its not like the show hasnt been perfectly comfortable with making up its own stories.

TWD is a cash cow for AMC, its not going away anytime soon.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Its not like the show hasnt been perfectly comfortable with making up its own stories.

TWD is a cash cow for AMC, its not going away anytime soon.

Yeah, I really don't mind talking about the comics on here...where in a Game of Thrones thread you are a d-bag to talk about the books since they are incredibly close.

Andrea is a completely different character, romantically involved with much older Dale and then 'marries' Rick.
Daryl and Merl don't exist.
Carol bites it early.
Sophia her kid makes it the whole way.
Rick has one hand for quite some time by now.
Terminus never happens.
Tyrese kills an entire wing of the prison filled with zombies by himself with just a hammer after being left for dead.
CDC visit never happens.

I could probably list a few dozen more significant differences. There's a general outline that matches, but no spoilers really that possible.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

AMC's TWD doesn't need the comics to function, majority of viewers have never read a word of them. I'm certain the writers and directors can create their own storylines. Whether or not they do, remains to be seen.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

AMC's TWD doesn't need the comics to function, majority of viewers have never read a word of them. I'm certain the writers and directors can create their own storylines. Whether or not they do, remains to be seen.

Comics nerd who prefers it that way. Especially since creator is involved anyway.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron