Favorite tailgate grill

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
It is quite a bit smaller than my bigger grill. You just need to plan accordingly on what you make for tailgating or camping. I have a upper rack that helps. Earlier this summer I made 2 big pork loins and a port belly on the DC no problem. Looking at getting a rib rack so i can do at least 4 racks of ribs on the DC. We have a pretty big group come tailgate. So if we do burgers or wings I usually have to do at least 2 batches. Not a huge deal for me, just need to plan. Try and do taller meats. You can feed more people with a pork loin vs ribs. or chicken breasts vs wings.
I have a big griddle I have used on my DB, I don't have a smaller one that fits in the DC. in a pinch i have made eggs on tin foil for burgers.
If you want a big breakfast i would probably recommend a blackstone flat top.

We have a small group 3-10 people so I don't need huge breakfasts. Sounds like it would be a good option for me. Now to see if I can sell my roadtrip and masterbuilt smoker to offset some of this cost.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Coleman standup grill is awesome. One downfall with the Weber is needing a table or another surface to cook in.

6557.png

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I have had the Coleman roadtrip grill for like 6 years but have had issues with the regulator and other stuff. Debating whether to get the new model roadtrip 285 or something different. I already have the full griddle for my coleman so that is an accessory I wouldn't have to rebuy with a new grill.

Anyone use the Green Mountain Davy Crockett? A little more expensive but would also use as a smoker at my house. It comes with dc power, so can run it off the truck or bring a battery.

If you do go another route hit me up, I would throw you a few bucks for the griddle.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Kind of was expecting something clever about Caleb.