Favorite bad movie

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's a strong. strong contender because it has actors with some cache.

The question is why did no one stop them?
The same thing could be said for Grown Ups. So much comedic talent and that movie was terrible, and not in a good way.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Escanaba in da Moonlight

There is zero in between on this one. You either laugh your ass off for its absurdity or you are thinking WTF is this the entire time.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Another movie I thought of is Who's Harry Crumb.
The only saving grace of that movie was it starred the late great John Candy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I watched Soylent Green recently...I think because I think it's funny a real large nutrition company has called themselves "Soylent" without trying to be ironic. I'm a sucker for that kind of movie but I can't say I love it.

He's not HORRIBLE in Soylent Green and Apes...but he's so him, it kind of takes the viewer out of it. I haven't watched Ben Hur or the Ten Commandments in over 20 years but I'm guessing they are the same.

Also as an 80s/90s kid I was just obsessed with Phil Hartman's SNL spoof about how they keep changing the recipe but every time they change it, it's actually still people.
I had the impression they were trying to by ironic. At least that is how I took it. I think people just made it out that they were not, to make it more of a selling point and gaff.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The same thing could be said for Grown Ups. So much comedic talent and that movie was terrible, and not in a good way.

Similar goes for the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot.

Are those actors as iconic as Rock, Sandler, etc.? No.

But there was some serious talent there and they just forced themselves through bad writing.

• Agree
Reactions: NorthCyd

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Somehow Hollywood recycled the same bad idea into awesomely bad movies about two different sports:

North Shore

And Side Out

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Most of Adam Sandler’s movies: Grown ups, blended, little Nicky, etc.

Others have mentioned Stone Cold and the Adventures of Ford Fairlane, a couple of my favorites.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Saw a classic from the 80's that belongs here, Short Circuit. A cheesy premise and Fisher Stevens doing a stereotype of an Indian man that you could not do today. But it was still great fun. "Need Input! , Your momma was a snow blower!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron