Fans on the 12th or not ?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
We opted to defer our tickets to 2021. That way ISU still has our money at least. But I would think a lot of people who signed up in February, March or April will elect to forego this season and thus getting down to 25% capacity may almost take care of itself.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
With no tailgating and forced mask wearing I probably won't get to any game even if they allow fans.

Weren't there supposed to be some games starting this week? Yeah there were a couple scheduled for Sat the 29th. ESPN still shows two games starting on Thurs Sep 3...

Really? If you have tickets, are allowed in, and you’re not concerned about Covid.... you still wouldn’t go just because you couldn’t tailgate and you had to wear a mask??

You must not be that big of a fan of Cyclone “football” then, huh? You must be more into the partying and the atmosphere part than the actual football.

Nothing wrong with that, just an observation.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
he does know that all the games are going to ESPN+ this year, right?

Still sitting at $5.99/month.

I'm holding out until the actual games get here (bad idea jeans gif since that will likely backfire) and wonder if they'll jack that price up a bit.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
An interesting scenario if there are no fans at the 1st game but then they open it up to say 25% capacity for conference games a few weeks later is that leaves 5 home games so it will be interesting if they have to split the games up so some get 3 and some get 2 then vs 3 each if the split 6 in half. The no tailgating sucks and really is going to kill the game day atmosphere regardless how many are allowed in but have a feeling some will get creative and do their own back yard tailgating somewhere in or near Ames if they know someone that owns a home or business that will host them.

At this point I'm just holding my breath that we get the season in and if any fans are allowed in then that is just icing on the cake but I pretty much am resigned that there is no way they go with 50% capacity at this point.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
With the option to roll over season tickets or cancel them, we will be well under 30,000 by August 31st. My best guess is that we'll be at 15,375 max capacity (25%). So for instance if 12,000 opt out and 18,000 remain each ticket holder would get 5 out of the 6 games (18,000×5=90,000 15,000×6=90,000).

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
With the option to roll over season tickets or cancel them, we will be well under 30,000 by August 31st. My best guess is that we'll be at 15,375 max capacity (25%). So for instance if 12,000 opt out and 18,000 remain each ticket holder would get 5 out of the 6 games (18,000×5=90,000 15,000×6=90,000).
I think you're probably on the right track, and why Pollard asked for people to make their decision on this year's tickets by Aug 28th. I think they are hoping that enough defer that the issue of splitting the season takes care of itself. I know my dad deferred his as well as another group of 8 that sit near us. I'm holding on to mine and will take what I get, whether it's 0, 3, 5 or all 6 games....just happy to have a chance to watch football.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We opted to defer our tickets to 2021. That way ISU still has our money at least. But I would think a lot of people who signed up in February, March or April will elect to forego this season and thus getting down to 25% capacity may almost take care of itself.
We've been waiting to see what happens around campus with the students back and many not protecting themselves or others. We still have our tickets, but I suspect we will give them up. Jamie asked for the decisions from season ticket holders by the 28th so that they can make their announcement on the 1st of September.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Really? If you have tickets, are allowed in, and you’re not concerned about Covid.... you still wouldn’t go just because you couldn’t tailgate and you had to wear a mask??

You must not be that big of a fan of Cyclone “football” then, huh? You must be more into the partying and the atmosphere part than the actual football.

Nothing wrong with that, just an observation.

No, I'm not all that fanatical about the sports. Actually I do enjoy the game but nobody else in our groups pay much of any attention. So it's more about the group than my own thoughts.

And without season tickets I have no idea how/if I'd be able to buy some tickets.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Live games are not on cyclones tv anymore. They are on espn+ so the quality of the stream will likely be improved.

I'm not so sure about that. ESPN+ was really suspect when I tried it in January. Perhaps the video quality was better but it constantly crashed my browsers. I never did get it setup on Roku to try that avenue.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I really don't see how the university can be sending out letters threatening students who go to gatherings yet also hold an event with tens of thousands of people present.

I think max you're looking at the 25% option Jamie listed, but 0 fans makes more sense.

For once I think we agree on something. My daughter is up there now. As far as I am concerned........if it is THAT serious threatening people who are their just to get an education......cancel the season. This thing about walking the fence between losing money, threats of lawsuits, no, go, maybe so.......knock it off! If this virus is THAT deadly, be consistent.....call if off. Other than that.....play the games.....and let my daughter and her friends enjoy college life!

Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I’m fine with 25%. I’m gonna tailgate the crap out of my driveway for the games I’m not allowed to.
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron