F1 2023 Discussion

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
New Year, new thread.

With the new car launches starting time to start a new thread. Here's your 2023 spotters guide. Looks like Alpine will be running the pink car for 3 races on top of this.
1676897368054.png

Here's a primer for the season with all the driver and team boss changes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ISUKyro

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
HAAS has released their new livery.

I love how Haas doesn’t show the new car, just digital renderings of what it will look like. Here, check out the new paint job.

It’s so Haas

Reactions: mramseyISU

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Ford to RBR has been the worst kept secret of January and I love it. There had better be a Shelby logo on that car somewhere.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Williams reveal happened today. Good looking car, I can't wait to see it get lapped by the Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Williams reveal happened today. Good looking car, I can't wait to see it get lapped by the Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes.

Isn't that the truth. Nice looking car. Shame we'll only get to see it when either a) someone is passing it or b) retiring into the pits or c) spinning backwards into a barrier.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Isn't that the truth. Nice looking car. Shame we'll only get to see it when either a) someone is passing it or b) retiring into the pits or c) spinning backwards into a barrier.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Williams sans Latifi. Obviously, I don't think they'll be competing at all for even mid pack, but Latifi was so bad, I will like to see what could happen if they have two drivers who can actually finish races and hopefully work a little more on development rather than fixing the car all the time.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
It will be interesting to see what happens with Williams sans Latifi. Obviously, I don't think they'll be competing at all for even mid pack, but Latifi was so bad, I will like to see what could happen if they have two drivers who can actually finish races and hopefully work a little more on development rather than fixing the car all the time.
Logan Sargent is a bit of an unknown but he was the F2 rookie of the year I think last year. I just don't know if one year in F2 gets you ready to drive that Williams shitbox or not. Albon will do just fine and keep the car in one piece for the most part I think.

Reactions: Clonefan94

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Logan Sargent is a bit of an unknown but he was the F2 rookie of the year I think last year. I just don't know if one year in F2 gets you ready to drive that Williams shitbox or not. Albon will do just fine and keep the car in one piece for the most part I think.
Sargent is definitely a bit of an unknown, but Latifi was so bad, it would be tough not to get an upgrade.

• Winner

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
Correct me if im wrong, but didnt that shitbox williams have some of the best top end speed last yr? It was just everything else that it sucked at … i do think albon does a great job maximizing the ability of his car

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
YES!!!!!!
I know it is over blown drama, but Netfilx dropped a first peak at DTS

I watched this on a whim and now I can't wait to watch F1.
Didn't Williams sell out to someone who is intent on turning it around? Maybe it will start now! I'm gonna root for the underdog!

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Correct me if im wrong, but didnt that shitbox williams have some of the best top end speed last yr? It was just everything else that it sucked at … i do think albon does a great job maximizing the ability of his car
Generally speaking when a team has the best straight line speed it means their aero development is terrible.

• Informative
Reactions: StormnClone58

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron