Ex-Clones at other schools

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
"WR D'Vario Montgomery - Toledo 1 reception 14 yards"

Hmmm. A lot of us thought he was our 2nd best receiver. Thought he would accomplish more.

I just looked up Toledo's stats and he hasn't been on the field, even special teams, since the second game of the season. Still on the roster though.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
He was moved down the depth chart because he couldn't pick up the scheme. Same issues he had his first year here. Physical talent is there, but physical talent doesn't help if you are never in the right spot. Agreed he would have been a big help yesterday, but he can become a liability against pass-first teams.

Well, every year Seeley plays because he supposedly knows the defense and the right spot, but he simply doesn't have the physical talent and is a huge liability for us at MLB. Harris was just plain better.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
"WR D'Vario Montgomery - Toledo 1 reception 14 yards"

Hmmm. A lot of us thought he was our 2nd best receiver. Thought he would accomplish more.

And, this is on a team that averages well over 300 yards a game throwing the ball.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Well, every year Seeley plays because he supposedly knows the defense and the right spot, but he simply doesn't have the physical talent and is a huge liability for us at MLB. Harris was just plain better.
I agree. Would love to have Harris getting those minutes instead of Seeley (and he would be getting them). To be fair to Seeley, he's played significantly better this season than in the past when he got in, although that is really more of a comment on his previous time here.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

kcyclone

Sep 11, 2012
You won't find much for stats on an offensive lineman, but he's been starting at left tackle.

You can poke around on Twitter for Tyler Catalina and see that Georgia fans aren't big fans of him. He is their starting LT but I think he has been penalized a lot.

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
You can poke around on Twitter for Tyler Catalina and see that Georgia fans aren't big fans of him. He is their starting LT but I think he has been penalized a lot.
Yeah, they're not having that great a year.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 5.36.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 5.36.13 PM.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: CyDude16

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
To be fair a lot of these guys seem like examples of players who had the physical talent but didn't play for other reasons. Damien Lawry had good offers and so did D'Vario Montgomery. This doesn't excuse the Rhoads staff inability to recruit, but I have a feeling some of these guys not getting playing time at FCS schools is because of other issues: playbook, attitude, work ethic, etc.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
What I struggle to understand is how coaches can't get a scheme in place for people like Harris and Mutcherson. You can simplify it for them an adjust around it. Troy Davis wasn't an academic All-American... There are elite players at the top programs that have trouble learning concepts but still manage to be difference makers.
That being said, maybe they weren't doing the small things off the field that they needed to. I don't know.

Mutcherson was attitude. He's the best safety we've had in a long time and that includes KCM. Those two would have been the best pair we've had ever. Harris I've beaten the drum on long enough.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Mutcherson was attitude. He's the best safety we've had in a long time and that includes KCM. Those two would have been the best pair we've had ever. Harris I've beaten the drum on long enough.
We had some other good safeties under CPR. Washington, Givens, Sims etc. Mutcherson wasn't the best, but was pretty good.

Mutcherson has a teammate who is a true freshman this year that is doing well. You may recognize the name. Adrian Killins. He only has 39 carries on the year but is averaging 8.4 per carry and has 3 TD's, including an 87 yarder. He also has 15 catches for 195 yards and 2 TD's with a long of 60. He also has a 100 yard KR for a TD. Mutcherson has 62 tackles and 2 INT's on the season.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
We had some other good safeties under CPR. Washington, Givens, Sims etc. Mutcherson wasn't the best, but was pretty good.

Mutcherson has a teammate who is a true freshman this year that is doing well. You may recognize the name. Adrian Killins. He only has 39 carries on the year but is averaging 8.4 per carry and has 3 TD's, including an 87 yarder. He also has 15 catches for 195 yards and 2 TD's with a long of 60. He also has a 100 yard KR for a TD. Mutcherson has 62 tackles and 2 INT's on the season.

Killins is like Nwangwu but half the size and faster. He's a poor mans DAT.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031