ESPN power rankings

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I used to like Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg. Neither one has ISU in their top 25.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Eh, I have gotten to the point where I ignore ESPN for everything but when our games are on. There are much better sources of information.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Greenburg is a blowhard. He insults his fellow announcers. I've given up trying to figure out how he is considered a source of useful information, anyway. ISU is ranked higher than any other team with as many losses.....look for the Hoks to take a serious nosedive next week.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Rabble rabble!

Seriously though, Greenberg is not good. All he says on Iowa State is the same exact ~ 'Georges Niang is a matchup nightmare. Put a smaller guy in him he'll take 'em inside, put a big on him he'll shoot the 3.' Verbatim. Every. Single. Time.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Rabble rabble!

Seriously though, Greenberg is not good. All he says on Iowa State is the same exact ~ 'Georges Niang is a matchup nightmare. Put a smaller guy in him he'll take 'em inside, put a big on him he'll shoot the 3.' Verbatim. Every. Single. Time.

Ill still never forget the time Greenberg claimed that Ejim would take over the point when Kane twisted his ankle.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Cal Poly at #22 for Katz?

Edit: He probably meant to put California at that spot.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
attachment.php

That is all.

Attachments

• Chip-on-his-Shoulder-78521.jpg
    Chip-on-his-Shoulder-78521.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,358

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
Cal Poly at #22 for Katz?

Edit: He probably meant to put California at that spot.

Shows how much ESPN actually cares about these rankings if they just crap them out with no editing. I would say we should all care about as much as they do.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Greenberg puts almost zero value on good offense, but instead loves to watch 42-40 contests that have 43 combine turnovers. So ISU is pretty much his worst nightmare. I've grown to accept that pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth it dumb, but it still makes me sad that ESPN pays him a lot of money to ruin my tv watching experience on a regular basis.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Rabble rabble!

This is true, however, other announcers can be just as bad with the repetition. They all seem latch on to certain things and just repeat over and over.

The thing I hate the most with all these announcers is the phrase "one of the best in all of college basketball". Such an overused phrase this year. I mean, whoever it is they're talking about, they are the best. Doesn't matter who it is...they'll find something so they can use that phrase. It makes me want to reach through the TV screen and punch them right in the face.

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
Since beating Kansas in Hilton on Jan. 26, ISU has not looked good. They've had chances to beat good teams on the road and have failed all of them. I really thought ISU would beat at least one of the top 6 conference teams on the road and it hasn't happened.

We're lucky we're still ranked.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Since beating Kansas in Hilton on Jan. 26, ISU has not looked good. They've had chances to beat good teams on the road and have failed all of them. I really thought ISU would beat at least one of the top 6 conference teams on the road and it hasn't happened.

We're lucky we're still ranked.

Nice try

Help Support Us

Become a patron