ESPN+ ISU BB Game Schedule

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The PAC 12 network is definitely not easy to access. It was a pain trying to find something to watch the Oregon State game on. It wasn’t even on the regular PAC 12 network, you had to get PAC 12 Oregon or some crap like that. If I wanted to watch a random Wake Forest or Virginia Tech game, I doubt I could.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
So on point 1 you do admit this is worse for us? And on point 2 only the die-hards will seek out an additional streaming service and games on that service. We are missing marketing and branding opportunities left and right by not being on tv for the casual fan.
I have said repeatedly the previous media rights deal was better for the conference, and that I wish the streaming service carried tier 3 games only.

I’d say ESPN made the argument only diehards were seeking out ISU-OSU games on ESPNU.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Yeah, I'm really afraid that a Hawkeye douche got together with OU and Texas and signed the death warrant for this conference. How convenient that they were left out of this fing joke.
Argent all like:
tinfoil_db52b2f10e7fa983f0f9d799a20.jpg

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
1980s: a handful of conference away games on local tv, espn barely exists. Orr salary: 100k
1990s: a few games on local tv, highlights on espn if ranked in top 25. Floyd Salary: 450k
2000s: more games on espn, local tv, can buy espn Full court for $100 to get all p5 conf games, LE Salary 750k
2010s: ESPN covers all conference games, and even a few non-conf as our team was good. FH Salary: 1.5M
2020s: cyclones.tv, espn+, pac-12 network, espn for non-conf tourneys a few big games. SP Salary: 2.5M

hope everyone is saving their pennies for all the OTT content/apps!!

can't wait for netflix and amazon to buy into college sports for the 2025s/2030s!!

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
And the disdain is not about individual fans not being able to access the game or about the money. It's about taking Iowa State and Big Xii Basketball OFF of NATIONAL TV and localizing it. There were teams playing on ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPNU that were on in bars and TVS all around the country tonight, but the Iowa State game was not one of them, because nobody puts an ESPN+ App Game on the TV in the Sports Bar or Hotel Bar. That is a shame. Iowa State basketball was marginalized and regionalized tonight. Not sure why people don't get that.

Most of us understand this, we just don’t care.

And college basketball is not college football. Random fans usually do not watch random games outside of their teams. The sport is simply not that popular outside of the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
And the disdain is not about individual fans not being able to access the game or about the money. It's about taking Iowa State and Big Xii Basketball OFF of NATIONAL TV and localizing it. There were teams playing on ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPNU that were on in bars and TVS all around the country tonight, but the Iowa State game was not one of them, because nobody puts an ESPN+ App Game on the TV in the Sports Bar or Hotel Bar. That is a shame. Iowa State basketball was marginalized and regionalized tonight. Not sure why people don't get that.

"Regionalized Tonight"....Great set of words my friend and absolutely True.....If you are going to run with the big dogs of MBB...since they are on Nationally aka Duke and No Carolina for instance, just to name two of them..You have to also be on Natl TV....

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
"Regionalized Tonight"....Great set of words my friend and absolutely True.....If you are going to run with the big dogs of MBB...since they are on Nationally aka Duke and No Carolina for instance, just to name two of them..You have to also be on Natl TV....
Duke has 8 and UNC has 7 conference games on the incredibly regional ACCNetwork. UNC Clemson was on a RSN, didn’t even make it to ACCN. KU has 10 conference games on ESPN+. It’s happening to everyone.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyBobby

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I'd hate to be a Texas fan. It's much harder to get the Longhorn Network than it is ESPN+. Our game in Austin is going to be just about impossible to see.

• Agree
Reactions: Bader

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
If any of you listened to Murph and Andy around 3:10 yesterday you would of heard them go off about espn+ and how stupid it is. As stated before by others the people that are for the + are not seeing things fully or something. It’s NOT a good thing for b12. Mvc or mid majors yes. Big 12 NO

Last edited:

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
If any of you listened to Murph and Andy around 3:10 yesterday you would of heard them go off about espn+ and how stupid it is. As stated before by others the people that are for the + are not seeing things fully or something. It’s NOT a good thing for b12. Mvc or mid majors yes. Big 12 NO
It amazes me how many people won’t even take sports hosts aka people that there job is sports and not believe what they say. Their head is so far up their... that they can’t see the truth. People finding my last post dumb is an example of that

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
@CyBobby is there something in my last post that is incorrect? The big dogs of CBB are playing more games on “regional networks” than ISU is

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
1980s: a handful of conference away games on local tv, espn barely exists. Orr salary: 100k
1990s: a few games on local tv, highlights on espn if ranked in top 25. Floyd Salary: 450k
2000s: more games on espn, local tv, can buy espn Full court for $100 to get all p5 conf games, LE Salary 750k
2010s: ESPN covers all conference games, and even a few non-conf as our team was good. FH Salary: 1.5M
2020s: cyclones.tv, espn+, pac-12 network, espn for non-conf tourneys a few big games. SP Salary: 2.5M

hope everyone is saving their pennies for all the OTT content/apps!!

can't wait for netflix and amazon to buy into college sports for the 2025s/2030s!!

I think it would have been MUCH better for the conference if they had kept Cyclones.TV and then got Netflix or Amazon to bundle a Big XII tier three network. Say anyone who subscribes to Cyclones.TV can keep that and then get access to the other conference tier 3 networks for a smaller fee or a decent amount depending on what the streamer would get. Selling out to ESPN for little or no money... not good.

Anyway, I just canceled ESPN+. Took forever to try and watch the OSU game. Crashed my browser twice and Chrome was using 3 Gb of memory by the end.