ESPN 'Going Home'

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Boy I knew I shouldn't have watched that while cutting onions. My eyes couldn't stop watering.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I usually don't get teary-eyed by videos like that but wow, that one got me. The sheer joy and happiness that all those people had from seeing their loved ones back safe and sound. Truly emotional stuff.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
It was hard enough leaving a wife behind. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to leave children behind as well. Outstanding video out of ESPN. BTW, the crowd noise from the South Carolina football game was amazing.

Living in SC for three years I got to see just how much that school LOVES the military. I believe a lot has to with Fort Jackson being right outside Columbia. It's great to see, even though I cannot stand most of their fanbase.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I know this is a little off topic, but for those that get NatGeo, their new series Battleground Afghanistan starts tonight. Shows like that and the fact that I have a brother-in-law on the front lines right now, makes me really appreciate what all the men and women do to keep us safe.