Does Kolar Come Back Next Year?

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I’m trying to piece together how ridiculous this roster is going to look next year. It seems like Rose and Purdy are going to come back, but the big question is do you guys see Kolar coming back for his senior season? I feel like he’s going to likely go, but wanted to see what other’s here are thinking. Would one more year raise his draft stock? Right now I see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick if he goes this season.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I think it is entirely dependent on when he will get his degree. And not many people get mechanical engineering degrees in three years.
Yep. I studied civil engineering (which is a lot easier than mechanical engineering) and it took me four and a half years to get my degree. These engineering programs at ISU are extremely tough.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
He is finishing his degree this semester I believe he said in last weeks presser, was told by someone who would probably know that this will probably be his last year, that was about a month ago so maybe things have changed...

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think 2 of our 3 TEs return. Wouldn't be surprised if the two SRs choose to return if Kolar leaves as they'd have a chance to be a bigger part of the offense.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking because Dean seems ready to step in and it's business as usual on the offensive side.

Plus with Iowa being our P5 non con a conference championship could quite possibly lead to CFP. Unless we piss another opener down our leg.

• Optimistic
Reactions: aauummm and Dopey

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I’m trying to piece together how ridiculous this roster is going to look next year. It seems like Rose and Purdy are going to come back, but the big question is do you guys see Kolar coming back for his senior season? I feel like he’s going to likely go, but wanted to see what other’s here are thinking. Would one more year raise his draft stock? Right now I see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick if he goes this season.

If he's projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder this year, he should come back as he's got the talent to go in the first two.
If he does declare, just don't hire AL's agent.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I remember being bummed that Montgomery left early. I thought it would be a long time until we saw another running back of his caliber. It took less than a year to get another one. If Kolar leaves, we'll be fine. I think he helps the program more being drafted fairly high and sticking in the NFL than he does coming back. We need to get more players into the NFL if we want recruiting to get to the next level.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Yep. I studied civil engineering (which is a lot easier than mechanical engineering) and it took me four and a half years to get my degree. These engineering programs at ISU are extremely tough.

Just gonna lord my ME degree here...

But seriously, did he really do it in 3.5 years? Lack of internship will hurt...

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If he's projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder this year, he should come back as he's got the talent to go in the first two.
If he does declare, just don't hire AL's agent.
I’m not sure what he can do to improve his stock. He’s about as polished as you can get.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I would be really surprised if he came back, but these are crazy times.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I think most the football players take a lot of credits in summer school. You were probably like me and had to work your ass off all summer to pay for school. Those who took summer school, was it really as easy as everyone said it was?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
His parents are professors in Norman. Safe to safe that education was a priority in his house. That doesn't diminish the strong individual achievement while being a D1 student athlete.

If he gets a day 2 grade. I hope he leaves. ISU needs more guys in the league to validate our recruiting and player development. What I don't want to have happen is him to fall to a day 3 pick and fight to even make a roster. In that scenario. I hope he returns and this offensive juggernaut gets ready for 2021

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I don’t think his draft stock is super high, but I also don’t think he can improve it a lot by staying another year.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I don't think he's going to improve his draft stock by staying another year. He's probably a 4th-5th round guy. If he's close to graduating, might as well test the waters and get paid.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don't think he's going to improve his draft stock by staying another year. He's probably a 4th-5th round guy. If he's close to graduating, might as well test the waters and get paid.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone