Dimitri Stanley-WR transfer

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA

Stanley, a fourth-year sophomore from Cherry Creek High School, is CU’s active career leader in catches (63) and receiving yards (686), but this year has caught just 12 passes for 82 yards while missing three games with an injury.

“It’s been a little frustrating because I was expecting to have that breakout year,” he said. “I wanted to have that 1,000-yard receiving year and it just didn’t happen.

“You kind of just keep moving forward and that’s my mentality. What I’ve been trying to do is just help my team in any way I can and everything happens for a reason. I think everything will come as long as I work hard, so I’m not really too worried about it. I just know I need to work hard this offseason and have that season that I was expecting (next year).”

Reactions: demoncore1031

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I read he played in the slot at CU. He was in the top four in receiving yards at CU the last 3 years. He lead CU in receiving yards during the shortened 2020 season and then struggled with injury and poor QB play in 2021. The CU QB only threw for 1500 yards last year. Brock had almost 3200 yards. Seem like a good pickup who will add competition to the WR room.
CU had poor QB for a few years now so hard to say what they have in this guy.

Reactions: bozclone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

Stanley, a fourth-year sophomore from Cherry Creek High School, is CU’s active career leader in catches (63) and receiving yards (686), but this year has caught just 12 passes for 82 yards while missing three games with an injury.

“It’s been a little frustrating because I was expecting to have that breakout year,” he said. “I wanted to have that 1,000-yard receiving year and it just didn’t happen.

“You kind of just keep moving forward and that’s my mentality. What I’ve been trying to do is just help my team in any way I can and everything happens for a reason. I think everything will come as long as I work hard, so I’m not really too worried about it. I just know I need to work hard this offseason and have that season that I was expecting (next year).”
Colorados offenses have been bottom of the power 5 last two years so this makes sense. Being from Cherry Creek Co I wonder if this also helps with purchases brother? That would make 3 players from cherry creek hs. They are a big deal and have produced pros over the years locally.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Interesting…legit track speed.

His personal best in the 100 in high school was 10.7. Also had a couple of 10.72s to his credit, including one in the prelims of the Colorado state track meet.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm