Did we land a transfer?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I obviously will still cheer for him as a Cyclone. But if he shoots below 40% from the field next year with questionable shot selection I don't want to hear the board ********. In my opinion that is what we are getting. I hope the year off helps and he proves me wrong.

At Colorado State, he was the #1 option by far. Assuming Wigginton goes the NBA, Nixon will at best be the #3 option and maybe the #5 scoring option. Lard and THT will be #1 and #2. Young and Griffen might even jump ahead of Nixon.

If he's not the #1 option, his shot selection will improve. It is extremely short sighted of you to look at what he did at CSU and assume that is the player he will be at Iowa State. He's also a 84% free throw shooter, so with better shot selection, his other shooting percentages to will increase.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
At Colorado State, he was the #1 option by far. Assuming Wigginton goes the NBA, Nixon will at best be the #3 option and maybe the #5 scoring option. Lard and THT will be #1 and #2. Young and Griffen might even jump ahead of Nixon.

If he's not the #1 option, his shot selection will improve. It is extremely short sighted of you to look at what he did at CSU and assume that is the player he will be at Iowa State. He's also a 84% free throw shooter, so with better shot selection, his other shooting percentages to will increase.

I mean, look at DeAndre Kane's stats. Came to Iowa State, played with better players and turned from low 40's overall and high 20's 3 point to a 50% overal and high 30% 3 point shooter.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deandre-kane-1.html

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Deandre Kane comes to mind. When the supporting staff is better. The shot selection is better.

Reactions: 4theCYcle

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm a lawyer. So if you are hanging out with me you probably are not having a good time.

LOL! Well done. Don't sell yourself short though, I have a couple lawyer friends and those guys know how to let their hair down.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Great news! Kid is a big time scorer. I think he could really flourish as a complinentary piece next to Wigginton, THT and Lard. I like the Nader comparison quite a few similarities there.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This is true. I also think that similar to Burton it took Nader a full year (after the sit-out) to get comfortable. If Nixon is indeed a Clone then I will get on board. But this board has extremely unrealistic expectations IMO.
I think your opinion on this is better proven than most of Enstein's theories.

Reactions: isutrevman

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
Not sure the offensive piece will be all that important with Nixon. He will bring experience, toughness, plays with an edge. He's a good defender and very good at drawing charges. He put up some ridiculous number drawing charges this year at CSU. Good get if we land him.