Dejean Jones

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
A vast majority of people would be shocked at the percentage of basketball players that smoke weed.

First hand experience being around some of the parties can tell you its just a hard culture to escape.

Some guys from inner cities and bad environments treat or like eating drinking almost. Even some of the cleanest looking dudes will smoke.

Hopefully this is actually minor and he's only out a handful of games. It certainly doesn't look good for tomorrow.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Him being the only one arrested could simply be that the rest of the guys/girls ran away and he obviously couldn't since he's living there. There are a million different possibilities. If he were actually in possession of it, wouldn't it be "possession of an illegal substance" instead of what's listed?

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
not trying to get in a flame war here but how does a 5th year transfer with a history of "issues" comes to Iowa State to learn under Fred, knowing full well Fred has told him "don't screw up" and then live in a house with drugs?

It is either complete ignorance of what is around him or a complete lack of respect for Fred and the program.

When I was in college, i roomed with many different people, and I know that a good portion of them did stuff with drugs at some point. Unless you room with some very straight laced people, it can be amazing what people do. We had 4 girls in the appartment next door that I hought were pretty straight laced, and then I find out that they had lots of drugs, and one of them was sleeping with a college professor for the grades, and admitted it. Wild things happen in college, you just hope to survive them.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
A quick google of other "hosting a drug house" charges sound like it's just someone smoking weed in your house.

Will have to wait for details but if that's the case it's no big deal. I'm not concerned about a noise violation and hanging out with someone smoking.

Last edited:

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Him being the only one arrested could simply be that the rest of the guys/girls ran away and he obviously couldn't since he's living there. There are a million different possibilities. If he were actually in possession of it, wouldn't it be "possession of an illegal substance" instead of what's listed?

Yea, I was just about to say, doesn't look like he got possesion, which leads more to the theory that it was just someone at his place smoking.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Wow dudes, you guys need to learn your laws. OWI is like, 100X than all three of these charges combined. Calm down.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Hopefully someone in his house was just doing it. If that's the case, this is a jok and I would hope he'll be playing Friday.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
the penalty for hosting a drug house is up to 20 years in prison. Doesn't seem like a slap on the wrist

Wat??????????????

Haven't we determined that this is a serious misdemeanor and isn't the definition of a misdemeanor that it is punishable to up to a year of jail time while a felony is more than a year?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Wat??????????????

Haven't we determined that this is a serious misdemeanor and isn't the definition of a misdemeanor that it is punishable to up to a year of jail time while a felony is more than a year?

Ya look at the bonds. All of the charges are comparable in scope.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron