Darian DeVries

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Drake is a job someone can be quite comfortable at. They have resources and facilities and the Valley is not exactly an insurmountable challenge these days. It's a good place to be if you want to wait out the perfect situation.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
FWIW, I talked to a couple of Darian's brothers (big Iowa fans) the other night. Asked if I was going to see him coaching at ISU next year. It was met with a very quick and resounding "Nope".
I would think that that would end the DeVries speculation coming from some posters on here and end it for good.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
FWIW, I talked to a couple of Darian's brothers (big Iowa fans) the other night. Asked if I was going to see him coaching at ISU next year. It was met with a very quick and resounding "Nope".
Not surprised by this knowing his family a little bit as well (great people btw) Darian is too smart to rule out a job based on family fandom though (A professional doesn’t think like that). He’ll listen to what Jamie has to say. He’ll also listen to Greg McD. I doubt he’ll be our next coach.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Not surprised by this knowing his family a little bit as well (great people btw) Darian is too smart to rule out a job based on family fandom though (A professional doesn’t think like that). He’ll listen to what Jamie has to say. He’ll also listen to Greg McD. I doubt he’ll be our next coach.
Fair points....and assuming he continues to succeed, he would likely want the right big job, not just a job (see Keno Davis). ISU is a true rebuild situation and that is different than other situations....some would love that, others may not.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I heard he wants to stay at Drake... his dream job. Doesn't want the stress of higher profile jobs.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hemphill was limping at the end of the first half. Too bad he's not healthy.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Nice gutty win by Drake today, got down by double digits in both halves I believe and still came away with the win.

Reactions: CyDawg23

Help Support Us

Become a patron