Darian DeVries

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I think Loyola could lose first round and still make the tournament. Drake has to find some offense between now and next week because they looked totally lost today.

I think today had more to do with Drake's low numbers and having back to back games. I believe at least 3 Drake starters played all of yesterday's game plus today's.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Drake gets winner of UNI vs Ill. St in their first game and if they get that they get the winner of Missouri St vs Valpo

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And people don’t want TJ with a passion lol. Hey Cyclone Nation, how about a Drake coach that’s never made an NCAA tournament?

Personally I'd rather have him despite all that.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I think Loyola could lose first round and still make the tournament. Drake has to find some offense between now and next week because they looked totally lost today.
Their 5 starters played almost 40 minutes each on Friday night. It's no surprise at all they lost the 2nd game. Take any 2 starters off any good team and it will be a struggle against anyone.

The committee better take their injuries into account. They do every other team in the history of the tourney.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I have a hard time believing DeVries wouldn't be interested in the Iowa State job if Drake doesn't even make the NCAA Tournament after a season like this.
I dont think he's going anywhere personally. His kid is coming in next year and they have to be the favorites to win the Valley.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
And people don’t want TJ with a passion lol. Hey Cyclone Nation, how about a Drake coach that’s never made an NCAA tournament?

You are damn right we don't! When DD took over after Medved they had the fewest returning letterman of any team in the nation. He didn't have a Mike Daum when he arrived at Drake. The MVC may not be a power league....but he has done more with less than TJ ever has. It's not his fault the MVC is usually a one bid league. You think TJ could have done at Drake what DD just did this year......with the roster they have?

I'm not promoting the guy however I'm sick of all the TJ bark chewing. And I'm fairly certain Drake this year could have beat Benedict Mesa, St. Katherine's...New Mexico(2), Air Force(2)San Jose State(2), KSU and maybe even knocked off Utah State and Fresno. So you want to keep worshiping at the alter of Otz....have a good time. ISU can do better.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You are damn right we don't! When DD took over after Medved they had the fewest returning letterman of any team in the nation. He didn't have a Mike Daum when he arrived at Drake. The MVC may not be a power league....but he has done more with less than TJ ever has. It's not his fault the MVC is usually a one bid league. You think TJ could have done at Drake what DD just did this year......with the roster they have?

I'm not promoting the guy however I'm sick of all the TJ bark chewing. And I'm fairly certain Drake this year could have beat Benedict Mesa, St. Katherine's...New Mexico(2), Air Force(2)San Jose State(2), KSU and maybe even knocked off Utah State and Fresno. So you want to keep worshiping at the alter of Otz....have a good time. ISU can do better.

The “TJ Love in” narrative has been completely created out of thin air”. No one even knows if he’s a candidate lol. You’re getting trolled right now.

Clonestarred

Oct 5, 2020
The “TJ Love in” narrative has been completely created out of thin air”. No one even knows if he’s a candidate lol. You’re getting trolled right now.
If folks were paying attention, they would know he is a serious candidate. That doesn’t guarantee that he will be hired, but he is a finalist for sure.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
No idea who our next coach will be but finding reasons to rip on DeVries is an extremely transparent case of butthurt in an attempt to raise your candidate.

Here's what I like about Devries, first and foremost his teams play defense. Second if you look at his team he's got a 5* culture mentality. Look at his 2 best players, both currently out with foot/ankle injuries. Hemphill played all of 10 minutes in one game at Green Bay now he's a guy that would be a solid producer with a good high major program. Penn had a good freshman year at Sienna now he's the best PG in the Valley.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Drake is going to suffer the Kenyon Martin rule. Team seeded or not making the tournament not based on wins and loses but based on what players are available to play. Cinci should have been a 1 seed but Martin was hurt and I think they dropped them to a 2 or 3 seed.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
I dont think he's going anywhere personally. His kid is coming in next year and they have to be the favorites to win the Valley.

I’ve heard the “he isn’t leaving cause his kid is coming in next year” from more than one person! Simply ridiculous! His son is a 4 star recruit and is going wherever his dad is coaching!

• Dumb
Reactions: dahliaclone