Cy-Hawk Dual

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Perhaps, he runs their wrestling camps but also has parents who didn’t have to pay for their child’s college education. No idea about his wife though. I think her dad does pretty well.
Iowa paid his wife a lot of money for that job. No big deal it's legal but they bought Marinelli

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Perhaps, he runs their wrestling camps but also has parents who didn’t have to pay for their child’s college education. No idea about his wife though. I think her dad does pretty well.
The parents also could have gotten a sizeable life insurance payout when Eli died or a settlement from the accident.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I mean Kyven wasn't the PxP guy he was the color guy. Kyven actually posted on his twitter looking for constructive feedback which is awesome that he wants to continue to grow his skills in broadcasting.

Maybe the "constructive criticism" line was a sublte shot at Desanto!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
On another note, it was interesting how okay Kyven was of the Hok chippiness. I don't recall him ever making a negative comment about it, but he said several things about how that dynamic adds to the experience. The guy is a cool commentator who disarms the Hok critics before they even know what happened.

Reactions: clonedude

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
On yet another note, have you ever wondered why Tom Brands wears shirts that seem way too big for him? Does he get shirts off the shelf with neck sizes to fit him? If so, the arms, chest, and length would be way bigger than he needs. That's my explanation.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I would imagine cash flow being something taken into account, hence the revenue streams comment. Also, it’s not out of the realm off possibility that there was a sizable down payment or gift involved.
Mortgages are public record - theirs is very close to the purchase price

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
So a few have been taking shots at how the Marinellis and Spencer came to Iowa. Moriah was here a year before AM. She was the lead student manager during her time here and also managed logistics for the HWC. She ran a tight ship. So much so that when Eustice announced he was stepping away (to end up at Think Iowa City), I suggested that she get the OM job.

Now as to Larry Lee, are some suggesting that Coe College is on the Brands's payroll!? Lee made a lateral move from Carnegie Mellon and I am guessing he took a pay cut. A good friend and colleague, Coe's President, had been wanting him out here for years. It came down to PSU and Iowa for Spencer and either way, the Lee's were set.

Now, I realize fan bases use this stuff against each other but those are the facts...just like Nate Carr being qualified to be the CWC coach. But by all means, continue on with the salary and mortgage queries.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
So a few have been taking shots at how the Marinellis and Spencer came to Iowa. Moriah was here a year before AM. She was the lead student manager during her time here and also managed logistics for the HWC. She ran a tight ship. So much so that when Eustice announced he was stepping away (to end up at Think Iowa City), I suggested that she get the OM job.

Now as to Larry Lee, are some suggesting that Coe College is on the Brands's payroll!? Lee made a lateral move from Carnegie Mellon and I am guessing he took a pay cut. A good friend and colleague, Coe's President, had been wanting him out here for years. It came down to PSU and Iowa for Spencer and either way, the Lee's were set.

Now, I realize fan bases use this stuff against each other but those are the facts...just like Nate Carr being qualified to be the CWC coach. But by all means, continue on with the salary and mortgage queries.
Okay, now that you called out Cyclone fans, now call out DeSantos and the Brands.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016

Don’t ruin our fun Chief. But if you’re going to come set the record straight, at least you could address what everyone is actually talking about.

1. I haven’t seen anyone talk about Larry Lee in this thread, but it’s long so maybe there is a one off mention I missed. Maybe you’re just getting out in front of us on this one.

2. I haven’t seen anyone question that Moriah was qualified for the job. @CyTwins questioned how much she is being paid, which is where all the sleuthing came in. So, care to set the record straight there? Seems pretty likely she’s on the payroll for more than the $40k public salary. My guess is there is a similar salary coming from the HWC. Makes me realize I chose the wrong path in college. I should have been the wrestling manager instead of wrestling. Who knew it was such a lucrative path qualifying someone for a $100k salary right after graduation.

OOTClone

Jan 3, 2017
Ummm.

When a thread has reached 2 pages of talking about Alex Marinelli & his wife's income, how they could pay for a house, whether it was a big down payment and not.... the board has reached a whole new level.
Maybe time to shift focus to what's coming up for the team? Looking at who we think the team will send to Midlands or who will win spots from there or how the Big 12 is shaping up?

Just a thought.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Ummm.

When a thread has reached 2 pages of talking about Alex Marinelli & his wife's income, how they could pay for a house, whether it was a big down payment and not.... the board has reached a whole new level.
Maybe time to shift focus to what's coming up for the team? Looking at who we think the team will send to Midlands or who will win spots from there or how the Big 12 is shaping up?

Just a thought.
Go ahead and start threads on those topics.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Was there Sunday night and just got around to watching the ESPN+ broadcast. Not going to waste time with too much analysis or the haLk bs because I agree with everything that's been said over and over already.

Definitely have to shout out Yonger coming up huge. That td in the 3rd was electric to the point all I could do was chuckle and shake my head. Starting to understand KD's **** eating grin when asked about him preseason. Props to Ramazan for having a good game plan and executing enough to have a shot late. Honestly thought he would do well just keeping it to a major and love that he proved me wrong. Redding also impressed me about as much as possible in a 15-7 loss and his expression while staring down Terry post match was pure gold. Love that kid. Kysen, David, and Marcus did exactly what they should have done and there's not really much to add.

Really don't want to put someone on blast who clearly loves ISU wrestling but TK on pxp should be done. I don't know if Hupke is interested in doing it full time for us but if so, you jump on that. The guy is very passionate and knowledgeable about wrestling, understands the importance of flow and how to go back and forth with the color guy, and seems like him and Kyven had a little chemistry that will only get better with time.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Ummm.

Just a thought.
No kidding lol stay out of people’s personal lives and don’t stoop to the level of hawks fans. How they got to where they are is none of our business.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
No kidding lol stay out of people’s personal lives and don’t stoop to the level of hawks fans. How they got to where they are is none of our business.
So, if Iowa is hiring athlete’s wives/girlfriends as a method to subvert recruiting/scholarship rules, that is none of our business?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
So, if Iowa is hiring athlete’s wives/girlfriends as a method to subvert recruiting/scholarship rules, that is none of our business?
She’s not qualified to do her job? That’s one guy. One guy doesn’t make a team. If you think they are cheating take it up with the NCAA. People b*tching on a message board is just sour grapes and useless.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron