Cryptocurrency

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
I am going to enjoy watching bitcoin crash when governments decide they are sick of this ****.

Wierd take. I can't imagine sitting around anticipating the demise of other peoples investments. Wouldn't it be strange if I hoped for your portfolios demise?

In any event, enjoy your fiat and limitless trust in government. More Bitcoin for me.

Reactions: Fitzy

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Wierd take. I can't imagine sitting around anticipating the demise of other peoples investments. Wouldn't it be strange if I hoped for your portfolios demise?

In any event, enjoy your fiat and limitless trust in government. More Bitcoin for me.

Because the investment is stupid. It is just a massive waste of energy and video cards for no value at all. Sorry if people get suckered in, but that is what scams always do.

• Dumb
Reactions: Fitzy and cyfanbr

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
What do people buy?
Bitcoin is the "safest" crypto. Probably the closest comp to buying an ETF in the crypto space.

Ethereum is the clear #2. Most developed smart contract platform with the biggest network. Probably equivalent to buying a large cap stock.

Then there are a handful of altcoins that are solid projects (many with technical superiority to BTC and ETH) but don't have the adoption yet and aren't as much of a sure thing. Cardano, Solana, Polkadot, Algorand, Avalanche, Chainlink, Polygon, Cosmos come to mind. They would be the equivalent of growth stocks.

And then of course you have the meme coins... Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, and the like. Those are the penny stocks of crypto.

If you want to dip your toes into the space, it's not a bad idea to start with Bitcoin and then branch out as you research more.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Do people really think that the projection by 2030 at 5 million a share for Bitcoin per Forbes forecast is realistic?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Do people really think that the projection by 2030 at 5 million a share for Bitcoin per Forbes forecast is realistic?

I've been wondering what would happen once no more Bitcoins can be mined; what will happen to the demand side once there is no more supply to be created?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I've been wondering what would happen once no more Bitcoins can be mined; what will happen to the demand side once there is no more supply to be created?
It worries me but if the projection holds it's a no brainer. I'm still kicking myself for not investing my tuition money in Google back in early 2000's.

Last edited:

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021

That seems like a reach to me in that time period. Although I believe it will hit 1 million by then, easily. All it has to do is flip gold.