Cryptocurrency

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Dat 2002 website doe.
I'm all in on howeycoins.

It's actually the SEC trolling the crypto community. Click on any of the links to buy coins and it takes you to SEC websites about securities and avoiding scams. "Howey" is a reference to the Howey Test, a method for determining whether or not financial instruments are securities, resulting from the Securities Act of 1933.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
It's actually the SEC trolling the crypto community. Click on any of the links to buy coins and it takes you to SEC websites about securities and avoiding scams. "Howey" is a reference to the Howey Test, a method for determining whether or not financial instruments are securities, resulting from the Securities Act of 1933.

Yeah but how do I buy these howeycoins?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah but how do I buy these howeycoins?
I'm pretty sure you can get them through this guy:
howimandel.jpg

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines

Gotta love the SEC coming in 2 years to late on this. Like anything you put yout money into, do your research, dig into the team, look to see the whitepaper is copy pasted/plagiarized, find reputable sites that have reviewed the ICO. At the end of the day most ICO's are high risk with a chance for high reward

Pickman

Jun 22, 2016
Oakland, CA

Haha, of course it is. That's the worst early 2000's looking site I've seen. They should have at least put in some effort there.

Pickman

Jun 22, 2016
Oakland, CA
Anyone else active in trading or hodling Bitcoin here? This is a make or break few days in terms of where we're going for the foreseeable future.

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/11/investing/coinrail-hack-bitcoin-exchange/index.html

I thought one of the hallmarks of crypto was it was secure? The block-chain specifically identified who it belonged to?

The blockchain is the secure portion of crypto's. Due to no regulation on exchange security we are seeing hacks in which they target exchanges that use hot wallets(wallets that are connected to the internet). Exchanges with the best security actually store the coins on a cold wallet(a computer or set of computers that are not connected to the internet). Gemini and Coinbase both use cold storage and are seen as leaders in exchange security.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I've been seeing meltdown status lately on crypto forums due to continued crashing. Is that still the case, or just another month-long-HODLing session?

Pickman

Jun 22, 2016
Oakland, CA
I've been seeing meltdown status lately on crypto forums due to continued crashing. Is that still the case, or just another month-long-HODLing session?

Yeah, we're currently in a full on shakeout and awaiting capitulation. I've been shorting from around $7800, but will flip long when we hit bottom (3s or 4s). Who knows how long the bear market will last for sure though?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Well I started with $400 in crypto last March and my book is chilling at 5k currently so pretty good. How are your regular investments doing?

i'm glad your timing was perfect. my investments are for the long-term and i accept i can't time the market. i continue to purchase stock on a regular schedule. are you continuing to purchase bitcoin?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Graphics card update for sad PC people like myself: nVidia GPUs can largely be found around MSRP, AMD ones are getting closer but stocks are low at normal prices. VEGA cards are still quite expensive.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Graphics card update for sad PC people like myself: nVidia GPUs can largely be found around MSRP, AMD ones are getting closer but stocks are low at normal prices. VEGA cards are still quite expensive.

Hmm I have seen plenty of deals below MSRP for 1070s and 1080s. Maybe the 1080ti is still a little high. RAM prices are the issue for building a PC now or paying the higher price for the new 20XXs coming out next week.

Pickman

Jun 22, 2016
Oakland, CA
i'm glad your timing was perfect. my investments are for the long-term and i accept i can't time the market. i continue to purchase stock on a regular schedule. are you continuing to purchase bitcoin?

This is a great time to buy Bitcoin or any decent cryptocurrency. GVT has more than doubled since I bought it at the end of last month. Plus, shorting Ethereum has gained me so much Bitcoin it's amazing.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Hmm I have seen plenty of deals below MSRP for 1070s and 1080s. Maybe the 1080ti is still a little high. RAM prices are the issue for building a PC now or paying the higher price for the new 20XXs coming out next week.
Waiting for benchmarks, of course, but those 20-series cards totally don't seem worth their cost hike based on what I've read. They'll sell like hotcakes anyway, but my opinion right now is that they're a rip-off. Maybe (hopefully?) I'm wrong.

I expect the 10-series cards to drop a bit to stock out when the new ones come... Or maybe, they could just stay where they are due to the 20-series hike.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron