Crowd is way too quiet

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Only an Iowa State Cyclone turns on its own fan base. For the love of GOD, who the **** else is to blame for ****** play. The ******* concession stand people? The ticket scanners?

For as many of you as I read talk about how great of fans your are, I never ******* see a single person at these games act like you say fans should...so get off your own ******* hands and make some God Damn NOISE!

**** Off!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Only an Iowa State Cyclone turns on its own fan base. For the love of GOD, who the **** else is to blame for ****** play. The ******* concession stand people? The ticket scanners?

For as many of you as I read talk about how great of fans your are, I never ******* see a single person at these games act like you say fans should...so get off your own ******* hands and make some God Damn NOISE!

**** Off!
That's a nice little fit your throwing there. Most aren't blaming the loss on the Hilton crowd but are just a little disappointed.

allday4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 25, 2012
Waterloo, IA
Anybody was in attendance today should be completely embarrassed to be a cyclone fan. When the coach has to pump up the crowd something is serisously wrong and your level of fandom needs to be questioned. That was the most pathetic home court crowd ive ever seen.

You are a bright one

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
way to go crowd you gave up 60+ points second half WTF

Do you think ISU was just better than nearly every team that we played at home the past 5 years? The crowd alone has won 15 games the past 5 years, including the Iowa game earlier this year. The Crowd makes a huge difference.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well, what do you expect when the whole lower bowl is filled with Director's level donors and the students are on break. (Not saying it should be different. It's just the fact of the situation. A lot of older folks who almost never stand and collared shirts with comb overs.)

And this is coming from a guy that paid for one of the student ticket seats today...

Last edited:

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
That's a nice little fit your throwing there. Most aren't blaming the loss on the Hilton crowd but are just a little disappointed.

Coming from you, that's funny. There's no fit there...you aren't reading my inflection correctly. This fan base has so many ******** who feel their fandom is better than everyone else. I thought we left that on the field at Trice...but nope, now Hilton is too quiet. It's never good enough for some.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Prohm was doing that quite often when we were up 8, 10 points.

Jameel does it every game, even when the students are there.

I saw Prohm doing the hands in the air thing that McKay often does. At first, I thought he was telling players to get their hands up, but as the game went on it became clear that he was trying to crank up the fans.

Now about all those people leaving with a few minutes left. Why? Just why? Why even come? Surely the team has to see that. Why not cheer your team to the end? We have made great comebacks at Hilton, you know!

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I saw Prohm doing the hands in the air thing that McKay often does. At first, I thought he was telling players to get their hands up, but as the game went on it became clear that he was trying to crank up the fans.

Now about all those people leaving with a few minutes left. Why? Just why? Why even come? Surely the team has to see that. Why not cheer your team to the end? We have made great comebacks at Hilton, you know!

There was a huge number of people that got up to leave when we fell down 6 (with the free throw coming). Sad part was we should have had a chance to tie the game not but a minute later.

Booneville

Oct 31, 2015
Damn the people who just enjoy watching live hoops and don't feel the need to BOOOOOO obvious calls all game like an idiot.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Do they ever play anything other than elevator music over the PA in Hilton during time outs. I noticed during the KU OU game they were playing to up tempo music to keep the crowd in the game.

gnarlyboy

Oct 20, 2013
Damn the people who just enjoy watching live hoops and don't feel the need to BOOOOOO obvious calls all game like an idiot.

You are wrong Bonneville - a person needs to be a fringe biased idiot in order to be a true fan. ISU hoops is apparently their primary relevance. Get your act together!

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
This thread is pretty surprising to me, I though the crowd was fine considering students were gone. Crowd really tried to get in the game, but we could never get the key defensive stop down the stretch which is obviously very deflating to the crowd.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This thread is pretty surprising to me, I though the crowd was fine considering students were gone. Crowd really tried to get in the game, but we could never get the key defensive stop down the stretch which is obviously very deflating to the crowd.

It reminded me a lot of going crazy on third down in JTS only to watch us give up a first on like a 3rd and 17 or something. Our section was standing most of the second half and was loud.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not scientific but the louder I got the easier Baylor scored.

The outcome of this game had ZERO to do with the crowd.

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
My pre-teen son and I may be the only fans to have been to both the game at OU and vs. Baylor this season. (I know what you're thinking--don't attend any more games this year!) Anyway, here's my perspective...

I was disappointed in the crowd, especially after I over-hyped Hilton Magic to my son and what the noise level was going to be like if the game was close. This hurts to say, but the OU crowd had a louder peak crowd noise while the home team was on defense than Hilton had on Saturday. How I judged it--son with hands over his ears at OU, no hands on ears in Hilton. Hilton got louder in spurts throughout the game than OU's crowd would, but Scott Drew called his timeouts as soon as the crowd stood, and then like lemmings the crowd sat down during the timeout.

I was really disappointed with people leaving with minutes remaining in the game. With all the comebacks in Hilton's history, that blew me away.

The introductions at OU and ISU are so drastically different. I can't say it has any bearing on the crowd decibel level, but OU's is much cooler--total darkness, similar hype video, 15 foot flames shooting out of both goals.

One last thing about the Hilton crowd. The worst thing for both the crowd and the team was that ISU got up big in a hurry. After that point, both seemed complacent and almost surprised that Baylor could get on a such a big run--until it was too late.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My pre-teen son and I may be the only fans to have been to both the game at OU and vs. Baylor this season. (I know what you're thinking--don't attend any more games this year!) Anyway, here's my perspective...

I was disappointed in the crowd, especially after I over-hyped Hilton Magic to my son and what the noise level was going to be like if the game was close. This hurts to say, but the OU crowd had a louder peak crowd noise while the home team was on defense than Hilton had on Saturday. How I judged it--son with hands over his ears at OU, no hands on ears in Hilton. Hilton got louder in spurts throughout the game than OU's crowd would, but Scott Drew called his timeouts as soon as the crowd stood, and then like lemmings the crowd sat down during the timeout.

I was really disappointed with people leaving with minutes remaining in the game. With all the comebacks in Hilton's history, that blew me away.

The introductions at OU and ISU are so drastically different. I can't say it has any bearing on the crowd decibel level, but OU's is much cooler--total darkness, similar hype video, 15 foot flames shooting out of both goals.

One last thing about the Hilton crowd. The worst thing for both the crowd and the team was that ISU got up big in a hurry. After that point, both seemed complacent and almost surprised that Baylor could get on a such a big run--until it was too late.

Poor defense kills a crowd. It zaps the energy.