Crazy what a win does for my optimism...

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
After the Louisiana loss I was 'certain' we'd start off 0-3. After today's win (and watching a great deal of OU vs KSU), I think we beat OU. They have some glaring issues just like we do.

Reactions: NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If we can put pressure on Rattler......

They dont appear to have a Hollywood or Ceedee (yet)

L

LincolnWay187

When you are getting optimistic, just remember that duck that got intercepted. That should take care of it lol

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Much better today than two weeks ago. Next week, we should be even a little bit better. Purdy has got to get his mind right for us to win next week, though.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
From what I’m seeing today. Lots of suspect defense in the league. I know Chris Williams LOVES to tout Texas every. Single. Year. I never buy it.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Much better today than two weeks ago. Next week, we should be even a little bit better. Purdy has got to get his mind right for us to win next week, though.

I couldn't watch and this seems to be a common theme again. Outside of whatever the lovely **** that was with the pitch 6, what were his trends today?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I couldn't watch and this seems to be a common theme again. Outside of whatever the lovely **** that was with the pitch 6, what were his trends today?

Very meh IMO. We found a way to win despite how Purdy played, let's put it that way.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
This season is going to be wild. Teams are going to be more inconsistent thatn usual due to inconsistent practice schedules, players being held out of practices due to contact tracing protocols etc.. I know we had a large group of players that didn't practice much in the weeks leading up to the Louisiana game because of contact tracing rules. People assume players are practicing like normal and are only held out if they test positive. That apparently is not the case, at least at Iowa State. I can't speak for what other programs are doing, which is why games are going to be so unpredictable. Just because someone is available to play on Saturday does not mean they've been practicing all week like usual.