Court Storming

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I don’t necessarily have an issue with court storming as students are just trying to enjoy the moment with their peers. However, students should be smarter and not run at a full sprint onto the court.
Edit: same for players… looking at you, CC

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Police have the capacity to arrest hundreds of people at once? There's probably only a couple cops working every game.

That’s the point. If they could have stopped it by now, they would have. I suppose you could put all students in the upper deck. That might stop the court storming, but would probably cause other problems.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
I think it’s the player’s fault in this one. Grayson Allen woulda punched the wake student in the face then stomped on his nuts while he was on the ground.

Problem solved.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That’s the point. If they could have stopped it by now, they would have. I suppose you could put all students in the upper deck. That might stop the court storming, but would probably cause other problems.
If you have security guards lined up with arms stretched out it stops most of the students. I've seen schools, including ISU, do it many times. It's not that hard to slow down or stop if they are prepared.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
If you have security guards lined up with arms stretched out it stops most of the students. I've seen schools, including ISU, do it many times. It's not that hard to slow down or stop if they are prepared.

I agree. ISU has a plan in place. Event management is very reactive it seems like and Wake Forest hasn’t exactly been competitive with top ranked teams.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think the only legit solution is an Invisible Fence system around the court, with students required to wear shock collars.
What about the exploding collars they made prisoners wear from the beginning of the movie Running Man.

• Haha
Reactions: Gorm and Sigmapolis

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
There is another angle of this that ESPN was showing that really look to me like he pushes the fan as the guy runs in front of him and gets hurt in the process. I don't think he is an entirely innocent victim here.
If you can find it can you post it?