[Commitment Watch] Aden Kelley

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was friends with CB Sam Richardson in college. Good guy, but he was no more than 5'4"- 5'5". I couldn't believe that he was a scholarship football player until he showed me.
Reeves wasn't very tall either.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I was friends with CB Sam Richardson in college. Good guy, but he was no more than 5'4"- 5'5". I couldn't believe that he was a scholarship football player until he showed me.
I had all but forgotten there were two Sam Richardson's

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I had all but forgotten there were two Sam Richardson's
I'm just glad they were offense and defense and not both sides.

IIRC Sam B might have gotten his first start at KU. It was a brutal year for them but Sam really lit them up, then played semi decent against WV, then kind of spun out against Tulsa in the Liberty.
I had to idea what to think of him after that year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

IIRC Sam B might have gotten his first start at KU. It was a brutal year for them but Sam really lit them up, then played semi decent against WV, then kind of spun out against Tulsa in the Liberty.
You hit it pretty head on. Never knew which Sam you'd get week to week early in his career, typical for a young QB. Then injuries and a sieve like offensive line pretty ruined his psyche. I remember toward the end he'd go into the fetal position pretty much at the first sign of trouble

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Can't remember what his name was, but earlier in there rhoads era we had a starting DT listed at 6 feet give or take an inch and 218 pounds. He might have played on the end tho too, my memory is a bit foggy

They played Patrick Neal at DT against UNI once because a starter was hurt or suspended. All 6’0” 250# of him. We lost.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Terran Benton was only probably 5'8" I was a good 5 inches taller than him.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I was at that KU game. He didn't start but came off the bench pretty early. He had one long TD pass where his pump fake just froze the KU defender and let the receiver run free.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Jeremy Reeves is one of those cases where is he were 3 inches taller I am pretty sure he is in the NFL. He was extremely good in HS for one of the best 3 teams in Texas. He was a legit 4.4 guy with nearly 45 inches of vertical leap. He would have been at OU/UT/SEC if he were taller coming out of HS, and likely have had one to two additional stars.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
The headline of their article says he calls him a DT/OT. Guess we’ll see.

Which is why 247 still has Army listed as a WR, right?
And Rivals had Breece Hall as a 2 Star for so long.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Getting CBs to OSU on Rivals and 247sports. It will probably happen this week.

Oh well. I like Howard Brown.