Coaching Search: Place your bets

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Makes no sense to make the move to Ames. Retire in a couple years at Oregon after a good run.

It doesn't? He's from Nebraska and it's been bandied about for years he wants to retire back in the plains. Just because Oregon may be a better retiring place to you doesn't mean that it's the same for anyone else. Keep thinking the Altman smoke is just no sense though...

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It doesn't? He's from Nebraska and it's been bandied about for years he wants to retire back in the plains. Just because Oregon may be a better retiring place to you doesn't mean that it's the same for anyone else. Keep thinking the Altman smoke is just no sense though...
Altman to Nebby and Fred comes back here.

• Wow
Reactions: dahliaclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think if I'm JP, I fire him tomorrow. No use dragging this thing out. Let one of the assistants coach the sacrificial lamb game in the conference tourney. We just finished 0-18 for Christ sake. What more is there?
Steve and JP are close. JP is not gonna allow another coach to get a win and hurt Steve’s reputation even more. JP is / has been helping Steve find jobs.

Reactions: ISC

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I have a whole group of buddies who are ‘91 Marquette grads. They’ve grown tired of Wojo and want a change. He’s got 3 years left on his contract and I have no idea what the Marquette admin thinks of him or what his buy out is. But if he did become available I think ISU should talk to him. Unlikely to happen but it would be intriguing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ATCy

MWB76

Jul 16, 2018
south dakota
A wild XXXed guess: Prohm "steps down" and Daniyal Robinson is appointed interim head coach, only to become permanent head coach after national search is completed.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I want a proven coach to lead this team. I’m not so sure there is much available at this point. I mean, you think there are coaches like Mark Few waiting in the wings looking to right the ship at Iowa State? What if we hire another failure...

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I have a whole group of buddies who are ‘91 Marquette grads. They’ve grown tired of Wojo and want a change. He’s got 3 years left on his contract and I have no idea what the Marquette admin thinks of him or what his buy out is. But if he did become available I think ISU should talk to him. Unlikely to happen but it would be intriguing.

Marquette admin loves Wojo - their fans do not. The fans love wojo almost as much as we love Prohm.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron