Coach Prime

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
That intro speech was weird.....
"I'm coming....and I'm bringing players"
I'm coming....and I'm bringing coaches "
Blah,blah,blah......

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Or hire the right coaches who can. Not every coach needs to be an X’s and O’s guy. He can succeed in the CEO type role too.
He absolutely could, only time will tell. Typically a coach needs to be more hands on and x and o oriented for a true rebuild like CO, but he might get enough help to make it work.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Interesting video. Would love to see the video of Campbell's introductory speech to compare.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
He absolutely could, only time will tell. Typically a coach needs to be more hands on and x and o oriented for a true rebuild like CO, but he might get enough help to make it work.

I think we can agree it probably won’t be your typical ground up rebuild. Hiring Deion is betting on a splash influx of talent. The real wild card could be what kind of NIL war chest does he put together. Is he going to have barstool money to throw around?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Bet he wins a conference title within 3 years.
If it wasn’t the Pac 12, I’d take that bet.
Its crazy to think he was coaching HS just 3 years ago. He’ll definitely need to surround himself with experienced P5 coaches.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I think he is going to turn Colorado quickly, but not to the extent we are all thinking. that being said, I think he will compete with Washington, Utah, Org (once UCLA/USC Leaves), but will end up taking either another big name job or go NFL mode.
I could also see him staying in the College game because it still pays a lot of money (sometimes more) and he can use his status and he looks like a power guy. NFL doesn't give a crap who you are if you are not getting to the playoffs and winning.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
He’s going to improve Colorado some on talent bump alone. That will take them out of the doormat position. The question will be whether he can coach them up or bring in guys that can.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Interesting. This could be a spectacular flame out.

I don't know what Sanders was thinking. If he wanted money and a P5 program he picked the worst, or nearly so. Did he just like Boulder? Hearing that the rest of the P5 wanted nothing to do with him?

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Interesting. This could be a spectacular flame out.

I don't know what Sanders was thinking. If he wanted money and a P5 program he picked the worst, or nearly so. Did he just like Boulder? Hearing that the rest of the P5 wanted nothing to do with him?
This is what I thought also. Why the heck Colorado? Maybe because he saw an potential to be a bigger dog in that conference? I pictured him in the SEC or ACC though. Maybe a texas school.

AND, He has to know that the conference is on the brink of falling apart. Maybe he is ok with going into the Big12 if that happens.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I don’t know who the biggest clown is. Sanders, or the Colorado AD who admitted they didn’t have the money to pay for this grifter.

Many times when an AD talks about money it is about posturing. Maybe telling the PAC 12 we need to be paid whether USC or UCLA are there or not, or telling the fans these name coaches do not come without a price-so we need your donations.