Coach Otz Needs More Technicals

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
People ***** about the weirdest stuff after a win.

The playing time takes during a 4 game winning streak and locking up a tourney bid might top it out but wanting to give the opponent points and a possession to see if the refs will favor ISU are good competition.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
We have a razor thin margin...don't give up points just to try and get some imaginary referee advantage.
While I agree with you about our razor thin margin...coaches getting technicals to persuade referees calls is pretty much a real thing...otherwise you wouldn't see coaches getting technicals.

• Winner
  • Optimistic
Reactions: aauummm and cstrunk

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No. Maybe when he is more established. Watching Kansas/Baylor right now and all Self and Drew do is ***** at the refs. They both can’t gain an advantage can they? I do love the fact that our players rarely complain about calls. Just put their heads down and keep battling.
No. Maybe when he is more established. Watching Kansas/Baylor right now and all Self and Drew do is ***** at the refs. They both can’t gain an advantage can they? I do love the fact that our players rarely complain about calls. Just put their heads down and keep battling.
Even Fred, whom rarely questioned stuff, would show occasional displeasure with a call, and he had less coaching experience than TJ. I’m not saying to complain non stop, but at least not just grab your ankles and accept it on every call.

• Winner
  • Dumb
Reactions: jmb and cstrunk

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Can you imagine if this team had Charlie Kolar, Mike Rose, and Enyi on the front line with X as SG and BP as PG?!?!? Omg!!!!

1645931214012.gif

Reactions: madguy30

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
SO many of you were ******** about TJ's lack of going at officials while we were in our losing streak. I guess winning really does cure all.

Reactions: cstrunk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The playing time takes during a 4 game winning streak and locking up a tourney bid might top it out but wanting to give the opponent points and a possession to see if the refs will favor ISU are good competition.
Haircuts.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Based on the reactions from my initial post, I guess most people are satisfied with taking it in the rear every game.
Or people disagree. You said discuss. Did you mean only discuss if we agree w you?

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 0u812 and cstrunk

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
1. What is TJ saying to refs during games since he talks to them? Just catching up?

'Dude, Tip Top for game watch. Super underrated.'

2. In a league loaded with crazy experienced and talented coaches, which ones will TJ win a bias battle with if they actually exist?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
For those complaining about TJ not getting on the refs, you need to go listen to what he was looking for in transfers. It's something called self-awareness. People in control of things don't react like toddlers when they don't get their way. Who are you more likely to listen to at your work? The guy who freaks out about stuff constantly or the guy who conversates with you?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For those complaining about TJ not getting on the refs, you need to go listen to what he was looking for in transfers. It's something called self-awareness. People in control of things don't react like toddlers when they don't get their way. Who are you more likely to listen to at your work? The guy who freaks out about stuff constantly or the guy who conversates with you?
I just prefer the Matt Campbell approach. Stay calm but a couple times a game, you let the ref know he totally screwed up and owes you a make up call.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I just prefer the Matt Campbell approach. Stay calm but a couple times a game, you let the ref know he totally screwed up and owes you a make up call.
Campbell is pretty good at keeping his composure, but I would assume over time he will improve in that matter. Losing your **** doesn't do anything, when refs **** up, they are aware they ****** up. Yelling at them doesn't change that.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
The intentional technical foul (i.e. Bill Self) is dumb.

And the constant whining of the Iowa coaching staff is pathetic.
Yeah but Fran does it cus he has zero composure, it's why he says they should go away with shaking hands. He's a child that throws tantrums.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812