Coach Campbell

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Honestly, I wonder if the one we should be worried about holding onto is Heacock

All this reminds me of the guy who builds the underground shelter and stocks it with food for a year.
images

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
For now I just hope JP supports CMC.

The sad reality is that there are many programs who can pay way more than we can.
So JP needs to offer support however he can.

I sure don't want to lose CMC but if he keeps this up others will be coming at him. That's a good thing so long as we give him the support we can.

The real question I have is: what does CMC want? He talks often about how much he want to be right here. But what are his goals next? Stay at ISU and see how far he can build the program? Jump to a bigger name school? Chase the big money?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
kirk herbstreit thinks he's gone on twitter. Not like I care for his opinion much, just saying

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Jamie is going to do the best he can but it may be a similar situation to CFH where no money would have kept him. For now, enjoy the ride and hope for the best at the end of the season.

Yep there are two scenarios here. Jamie does what it takes to keep Campbell, or no matter what Campbell is gone.

There's no way JP will let Campbell walk by not doing something that could have kept him. I'm glad we have Pollard at the helm right now, I'd be less confident about that 3rd option not occurring if Pollard left for Nebraska already or something and we had no one at the helm.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
And the assistants too. Don't blow this JP. You're well known for being a cheap a$$, but that isn't going to work this time. If you want to be a big time program, you can't get by on the cheap.

Meh Jamie ponies up when he needs to. If Campbell and Co. want to stay they'll figure out a way to make it work. But yeah Heacock seems sound on defensive strategy.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Same thing was said about Rhoads and then everyone was pissed we did it when the bottom fell out.

I supported that at the time. But this feels different. The guy is just rock solid. I can't believe the number of times we've shot our selves in the foot in the past with dumb penalties giving away games and points leading to nut cup situations. This guy has this team making almost no stupid mistakes. One of the best ways to win is to not lose.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Campbell's turnaround is much more profound than Proud Paul's. He is definitely going to get calls unfortunately.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So what is the "true cost" of letting him get away though? Without winning football, JP can't invest in MBB, or Wrestling, or any of the things he wants to do.

Everyone has always said what a gold mine ISU would be if we could actually ever win football games. Our fans are amazing, and we're already the preferred state university for instate high school graduates too.

If we're a consistent top 25 team, the money would be rolling in with what JP could charge for tickets, parking passes, etc, etc.

So, IMO, sometimes the question isn't "can we afford him".... it's "can we afford to lose him"?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
JP can only do so much. You fans that blame him for the Mayor or Cale leaving ISU have no clue how much money these other programs or the NBA throw at these guys.

Part of it is how much Campbell want to build something instead of how much he want to get that next big job. He loves Ohio and the next step up has a great coach in place there. The real question is will Campbell be willing to go to a train wreck name program or wait for tOSU to open up. I could see Neb. going hard after him at the end of the year. Not sure Campbell would want to go to a program with that little patients.

Reactions: keepngoal

ISU2

Jun 21, 2013
I dont know a whole lot about coaches salaries but can isu afford to give him what an sec team would offer?

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
Season ticket prices will be going up. If I remember right he has big incentive pay for bowls so keeping him won't be the hardest thing. Keeping the rest of the staff will be tough though. Hopefully there character and staying put is what they want

• Agree
Reactions: goclones69

Help Support Us

Become a patron