-Clayton Custer Looked Good Today-

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Kid can play. People who say he isn't a Big 12 player are high.

He was super blocked at his position though. Monte was entrenched at PG and Matt Thomas and Naz Long were clearly ahead of him at guard. Would have only had a clear path to playing time this year, which would have been his SR one.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
He was super blocked at his position though. Monte was entrenched at PG and Matt Thomas and Naz Long were clearly ahead of him at guard. Would have only had a clear path to playing time this year, which would have been his SR one.

Yes, this is likely why he left, it was a wise decision and worked out well for him. He was pretty highly rated coming out of high school, figured he might end up being pretty good.

• Agree
Reactions: Nihawk and pulse

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Jackson basically took his spot on the scholarship chart.

I would have rather had him.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Totally agree. Was thinking about that while watching his game today. His best bet for 2 years of playing time at ISU would've been to redshirt a year.

Situation probably worked out better for him this way though. Glad to see him have such success because I always thought he had game.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Wasn't he POY in the Missouri Valley?

He ran away with the voting.
image_handler.aspx

Any trophy with Larry Bird's name on it in BB is pretty cool. Custer shoots the ball well and makes good decisions. It also seems that he's added some upper-body bulk.