Class of 2024 Breakdown

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
The OL guys - I feel like the future of the OL will define the ceiling of the team in the next 3-4 years.
Sure thing. I think we find one more guy for this class because we lose several guys in the next year or two.
I think that we have our guards for a few years in Brendan Black and Trevor Buhr, Deylin Hasert at tackle had been turning heads before he got hurt and don't sleep on Aidan Gilmore at Center in a few years after Bonifas is done.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Sure thing. I think we find one more guy for this class because we lose several guys in the next year or two.
I think that we have our guards for a few years in Brendan Black and Trevor Buhr, Deylin Hasert at tackle had been turning heads before he got hurt and don't sleep on Aidan Gilmore at Center in a few years after Bonifas is done.
I’m not sure about “one more” since Carson Rhodes would count as the fifth in the class. But if we could steal some top talent late like Grant Brix, or flip someone like Marques Easley (Georgia is a weird choice with all of their OL talent, especially in this class), I could see it.

Also wondering how Zach Lovett’s brother is doing as a frosh at Florida. I’d take another Lovett!

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I’m not sure about “one more” since Carson Rhodes would count as the fifth in the class. But if we could steal some top talent late like Grant Brix, or flip someone like Marques Easley (Georgia is a weird choice with all of their OL talent, especially in this class), I could see it.

Also wondering how Zach Lovett’s brother is doing as a frosh at Florida. I’d take another Lovett!
Brix and Easley will never be Cyclones

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
@cyclone4L , thanks for doing these. Your posting all the names first, then coming back later with an edited comment, is/was a little confusing, but I can handle it. :)

Reactions: Tpups21

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I have decided that I am probably going to do my favorite prospect in the class next... and nobody talks about him. This guy... *chef's kiss*

Last edited:
Reactions: Letterkenny

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I thought that the 2023 class was special. Very underrated. They pretty much covered every position other than CB. Elite QB, two really good RBs, a good group of WRs, elite TE, a couple good OLs, DLs were good, LBs they got their 2 top targets, really good S prospects.

2024 I kind of think is meh. Still good, but not 2023. They did get their top 3 LB targets and TE is once again off the charts good. I like that they are getting the OL prospects that they wanted for the system. Gilbert is going to be a stud. Other than that, they are kind of filling the pipeline with guys that could be good, but who knows? That's fine, as '22 and '23 were really good classes that they're building around. I still have no idea what they're doing with Batiste and getting Marcus Neal was kind of a head scratcher to me.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I thought that the 2023 class was special. Very underrated. They pretty much covered every position other than CB. Elite QB, two really good RBs, a good group of WRs, elite TE, a couple good OLs, DLs were good, LBs they got their 2 top targets, really good S prospects.

2024 I kind of think is meh. Still good, but not 2023. They did get their top 3 LB targets and TE is once again off the charts good. I like that they are getting the OL prospects that they wanted for the system. Gilbert is going to be a stud. Other than that, they are kind of filling the pipeline with guys that could be good, but who knows? That's fine, as '22 and '23 were really good classes that they're building around. I still have no idea what they're doing with Batiste and getting Marcus Neal was kind of a head scratcher to me.
2022 is the best class that we have gotten on paper and 2023 is the best class we have ever signed in my opinion.

I don't think 2024 is as good as either of those, but it is still better than par even for Campbell standards.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I am intrigued in your take on Deyone Batiste.

Do you imagine he stays at QB? Super tall WR? Develop at TE to allow him to gain weight? If he has a mean streak I would like to see a DE experiment at play here.. Rasheed can develop like none other on the D Line.
Keeping Batiste at QB is the plan for right now. He is not very quick or fast, so moving him to receiver or even DE doesn't make much sense for his skillset.

Reactions: armount