CKLV Invite IS STACKED

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Pretty good night. I'm calling it now...Ech will be a top 6 AA at minimum. His feet to back outta left field both times was incredible.
He has Pitt coming up soon, which will be a good test. Late January against Oklahoma will be a good one too. He handles those…which I have no reason to think he can’t, AA is definitely in play. Dangerous dude.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
We never went after Voelker?
Am I confused..?
Thought ISU had a guy in the room for a year or two a few years ago with the same last name?

Also, I thought that kid was the nephew of a former ISU wrestler from early 90’s (maybe mid 90’s)…?

Am I way off on either of these? If not, relation to the kid that wrestled against ISU tonight?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Am I confused..?
Thought ISU had a guy in the room for a year or two a few years ago with the same last name?

Also, I thought that kid was the nephew of a former ISU wrestler from early 90’s (maybe mid 90’s)…?

Am I way off on either of these? If not, relation to the kid that wrestled against ISU tonight?
Eric Voelker's son was in the room but that was probably around 10 years ago.

He was a DCG kid. This one is a West Delaware grad.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Eric Voelker's son was in the room but that was probably around 10 years ago.

He was a DCG kid. This one is a West Delaware grad.
The story of Voelker taking West Delaware's heavy weight under his wing last year is incredible.

WD heavy wt came from a bad home life, didn't win a match 7th-9th grade...couldn't make heavy wt as a sophomore(too big), qualifies as a Jr. and dominates his way to a state title as a Sr. The kid gave Voelker essentially all of the credit for taking him under his wing. Very neat story.

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Well damn. What a freaking day for Cyclone wrestling. All of the first matches tomorrow ( championship and conso) are winnable; and we could have 4 finalists and 7 guys who place high. The product on the mat is as exciting as ever, and I am hard pressed to think of a better overall team performance in a tournament since the Sanderson years.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Well damn. What a freaking day for Cyclone wrestling. All of the first matches tomorrow ( championship and conso) are winnable; and we could have 4 finalists and 7 guys who place high. The product on the mat is as exciting as ever, and I am hard pressed to think of a better overall team performance in a tournament since the Sanderson years.
Could’ve been better too with a better performance out of 125, one of 141/149 winning a semi, and Chittum at 157 getting a top 5 win which he’s capable of. This team has a chance in March to shock people

CyDawg23

Nov 13, 2017
The story of Voelker taking West Delaware's heavy weight under his wing last year is incredible.

WD heavy wt came from a bad home life, didn't win a match 7th-9th grade...couldn't make heavy wt as a sophomore(too big), qualifies as a Jr. and dominates his way to a state title as a Sr. The kid gave Voelker essentially all of the credit for taking him under his wing. Very neat story.
Our Eric Voelker did that?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron