Chris Soules Arrested

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
KWWL is reporting that it took police a while to track him down and obtain a search warrant once they did.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Which is why it is going to be difficult to prove he was drunk when he caused the accident.

Exactly. Hell he could taken off on foot and hid out in a barn or something for a few hours to sober up (obviously now we know he got in another vehicle)

Leaving the scene of an accident is never good, especially when a death as occurred but one could also point out that he may not have known how bad the driver was hurt and was being selfish looking out for himself and took off to try and avoid being drunk when it came time to face the music.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Exactly. Hell he could taken off on foot and hid out in a barn or something for a few hours to sober up (obviously now we know he got in another vehicle)

Leaving the scene of an accident is never good, especially when a death as occurred but one could also point out that he may not have known how bad the driver was hurt and was being selfish looking out for himself and took off to try and avoid being drunk when it came time to face the music.

Or use the defense that he was so distraught about what he did that he freaked out, left, and went home to drown himself in alcohol, but that was the first drink he had all day. He does have a history of alcoholism...

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Or use the defense that he was so distraught about what he did that he freaked out, left, and went home to drown himself in alcohol, but that was the first drink he had all day. He does have a history of alcoholism...

Right, or even that. The defense would have a few ways to attack it. Granted I or most people here know nothing about what has happened so take it with a grain of salt before you guys jump down my throat! :)

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Chances are he knew the person he hit and killed. Drunk, buzzed, or sober, I can't imagine that feeling. I'll reserve my judgement until more details emerge. Even then, the pain of hurting another family along with his own is worse than any jail time he'll do.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1 and ZB4CY

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Chances are he knew the person he hit and killed. Drunk, buzzed, or sober, I can't imagine that feeling. I'll reserve my judgement until more details emerge. Even then, the pain of hurting another family along with his own is worse than any jail time he'll do.

The victim was 66 year old Kenneth Moser also of Aurura. RIP

Reactions: SNEDDS3

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
So is fleeing the scene the only thing he will be charged with? Not sounding according to news report like there would be any additional

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
So is fleeing the scene the only thing he will be charged with? Not sounding according to news report like there would be any additional

Im assuming they did a blood test to get his BAC, and those can take a little while to come back. I would assume once it does come back, he will have additional charges.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
That's how I took it. I'm guessing he would be facing more charges if he didn't flee the scene.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

That would be ridiculous. At a minimum there would be some traffic ticket such as failure to maintain control when you hit someone from behind.

I guess the moral of the story would be if you are drinking and think you killed someone, take the D felony instead of the B felony and lock yourself up and don't cooperate with officials to hide evidence.