Chris Soules Arrested

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Did the judge rule on Tuesday?
I can't seem to find anything new other than they allowed him to remove his GPS ankle monitor.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
The Judge reluctantly agreed to order the new pre trial investigation only because both sides wanted it. She was visibly not pleased to do so but did allow it.

• Dislike
Reactions: huntt26

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The Judge reluctantly agreed to order the new pre trial investigation only because both sides wanted it. She was visibly not pleased to do so but did allow it.
What'd he end up getting charged with?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This case is so bizarre, if it were not for his celebrity status would anyone else been able to plea down like he did and possibly not even spend jail time if things come out best case scenario for him? He left the scene of the accident and wouldn't cooperate with the police until they got an arrest warrant for him which just reeks of trying to cover up something. This thing has been delayed and drug out for so long I pretty much expect he won't spend a day in prison for this when it's all over.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
Court documents show that last November, Soules filed a written guilty plea to Leaving the Scene of an Accident Resulting in Serious Injury, which is an aggravated misdemeanor. It’s a lesser charge than Soules was facing when he was cited for Leaving the Scene of a Fatal Accident, a Class D Felony.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and 3TrueFans

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
This case is so bizarre, if it were not for his celebrity status would anyone else been able to plea down like he did and possibly not even spend jail time if things come out best case scenario for him? He left the scene of the accident and wouldn't cooperate with the police until they got an arrest warrant for him which just reeks of trying to cover up something. This thing has been delayed and drug out for so long I pretty much expect he won't spend a day in prison for this when it's all over.
I actually think so. I personally think he was more likely to not be able to plead it out because of his status. He sort of found a loophole in my opinion. He didn’t leave the scene really he left before everything was finished but he rendered aid and ensured emergency personnel were on site. He also then became uncooperative probably because he was drinking. Yet there is no proof of that assumption. I don’t know that the state really had the evidence to charge him.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We're playing a little fast and loose with the term celebrity now.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

It happens all the time.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The problem is they have no evidence that the fault was with Chris Soules, additionally, he didn't technically leave the scene because he called gave them his information and didn't leave until emergency vehicle arrived. So the prosecution can't say him leaving the scene resulted in the guy's death just because the police hadn't arrived. So I think it is right for the defense to challenge the judge's decision to factor in the guy's death in sentencing. Do some of his actions look suspicious? Yes, but without more it doesn't seem like the judge made the correct call. In addition, him pleading down had nothing to do with Soules being 'famous', it was because they didn't have a strong case.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The problem is they have no evidence that the fault was with Chris Soules, additionally, he didn't technically leave the scene because he called gave them his information and didn't leave until emergency vehicle arrived. So the prosecution can't say him leaving the scene resulted in the guy's death just because the police hadn't arrived. So I think it is right for the defense to challenge the judge's decision to factor in the guy's death in sentencing. Do some of his actions look suspicious? Yes, but without more it doesn't seem like the judge made the correct call. In addition, him pleading down had nothing to do with Soules being 'famous', it was because they didn't have a strong case.
So his decision of "getting the hell out before authorities show up" is getting rewarded...

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt and NWICY

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
There was an agreement in January to pay the family 2.5 million so he/insurance is “paying” for his actions
You know I meant criminally. If he wasn't drunk, there would have been no deadly accident. Yet he knew quickly enough to call for a ride, walked away before anyone could test him, got a ride in another car, and hid in his house until sobered up.
What a country.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You know I meant criminally. If he wasn't drunk, there would have been no deadly accident. Yet he knew quickly enough to call for a ride, walked away before anyone could test him, got a ride in another car, and hid in his house until sobered up.
What a country.

Didn't he actually go to his house and drink more to create a scenario where it could be perceived he was only drinking after the collision?

If he were very intoxicated at the time of the collision/well over the legal BAC limit, it could possibly take many hours to do down to a 'sober' limit that's legal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron