Chieck Diallo rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
And you think most Iowa State fans attended Iowa State? That's not really how it works with public state universities.
Absolutely. That's probably the biggest difference between iowa state and iowa. We don't have near as many tavern fans. A lot of that is because of our lack of success historically. But yes, the majority of isu fans are alumni. Now, I do think that's starting to change. With the younger generation. "Starting to" being the key part. Hasn't yet.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Yup I still hate Matt A

Then you clearly don't understand how things work at this level. It happens....it happens all...the...time.

but I'm sure if Otz brought in some blue chip recruit that was supposed to go to Washington, but now chose Iowa state...I'm sure you'd refuse the kid, and have him stay with Washington right?

Yeah....didn't figure so.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Then you clearly don't understand how things work at this level. It happens....it happens all...the...time.

but I'm sure if Otz brought in some blue chip recruit that was supposed to go to Washington, but now chose Iowa state...I'm sure you'd refuse the kid, and have him stay with Washington right?

Cool story

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
So, correct me if I'm wrong - but is this the end of recruiting high-level players that we don't have a connection to (play in Iowa/relationship)? I thought I read somewhere that ISU won't do it anymore since Matt left and we've struck out. We also seem to have taken a step back with recruiting high-caliber transfers... PANIC!!!

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

If Matt A leaving ISU is the reason we don't land a possibly program changing player, then yeah **** him.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
If Matt A leaving ISU is the reason we don't land a possibly program changing player, then yeah **** him.

Ha ha like I said....if Otz brought someone in originally tied to UW....I wouldn't see one thread or comment from you disagreeing with that practice....not one. Sooooo.....

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So, correct me if I'm wrong - but is this the end of recruiting high-level players that we don't have a connection to (play in Iowa/relationship)? I thought I read somewhere that ISU won't do it anymore since Matt left and we've struck out. We also seem to have taken a step back with recruiting high-caliber transfers... PANIC!!!

I think Hoiberg can coach the type of players that apparently TJ wants to bring in. I'm not sure if TJ can have as much success with those players.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
He killed our chances at a top 5 recruit. I have no reason to root for the guy anymore

Yeah I mean I understand that....I'm not either, and I'm not crazy about the what will end up being crappy timing for Diallo and our pursuit of him....I'm just saying it happens, and it's just the way it works. It does suck though...no question.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

The thing that I hate about it is that Matt A. was clearly out recruiting for SJU before he even had the job.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Fans are assuming that had Matt stayed, Diallo would be a Cyclone. Honestly, more than likely we would've just been in the running longer and still gotten turned down. Maybe Matt leaving was a positive in that regard?

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Fans are assuming that had Matt stayed, Diallo would be a Cyclone. Honestly, more than likely we would've just been in the running longer and still gotten turned down. Maybe Matt leaving was a positive in that regard?

Very possible, just doesn't feel good right now

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Ha ha like I said....if Otz brought someone in originally tied to UW....I wouldn't see one thread or comment from you disagreeing with that practice....not one. Sooooo.....
But that didn't happen. Otz leaves ISU and we lose Dime to Washington, Matt leaves and we lose Williams and possibly Diallo. I don't hate the guy for leaving buts it sucks we seem to lose guys when recruiters leave but don't get any when new ones are hired. Where is our recruit plucked from another school?
Seems to go one way around here and people seem pretty fine with it. How much money was wasted on these players recruitment I wonder...

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
ISU and Fred gave Matt his break and gave him a start.

Washington was just a lateral landing spot that Otz decided to take for some reason.

No comparison there. Matt's allegiance to ISU was (should have been) much stronger than Otz's allegiance to Wash.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This is where I am at. I honestly think that St J WITH Matt is more appealing to Diallo than ISU with Matt. Obviously Matt was our "in" with Diallo, but I think the home-town connection may possibly reel this guy in for the Jonnies.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I am talking about Iowa residents that did not attend college or who went to a small school that does not have a college basketball team. I would assume that if those people were basketball fans that they would choose to cheer for the local teams even though they did not graduate from one of those schools. Or people who had family members attend ISU but are not graduates themselves. It's not "fairweather" fans, just fans with different ties to the program than just being a grad. I would assume less than half the fan base actually graduated from ISU themselves.

I started a poll on this site, which is showing a large percentage of ISU grads:

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203584

Status
Not open for further replies.