CFN likes our shot at Bama

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I can see it now. With three seconds remaining, a potential game-winning field goal kick by the Alabama place kicker sails over the right upright and the officials rule it no good giving ISU a 30-28 win over the Crimson Tide

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Haha, Would welcome this all day. As long as you're in, all you need is a chip and a chair...

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I can see it now. With three seconds remaining, a potential game-winning field goal kick by the Alabama place kicker sails over the right upright and the officials rule it no good giving ISU a 30-28 win over the Crimson Tide

Thats an old wound you just picked at.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
I was there for that travesty.
PS....well played CyRocks!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It would be incredibly fun to see how our best team of all time matched up with one of the better teams of the last decade. It may not be entirely fun to see how it played out, but I wouldn't sell these guys short on a night where they really brought their A game.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It would be incredibly fun to see how our best team of all time matched up with one of the better teams of the last decade. It may not be entirely fun to see how it played out, but I wouldn't sell these guys short on a night where they really brought their A game.

This computer ranking says some of the old Majors and Bruce teams were better...

upload_2018-11-14_18-7-25.png

...as difficult as it can be to compare across eras.

Either way, what we have witnessed the past 1.5ish seasons is special.

I hope this continues for a long time hence.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This computer ranking says some of the old Majors and Bruce teams were better...

View attachment 59977

...as difficult as it can be to compare across eras.

Either way, what we have witnessed the past 1.5ish seasons is special.

I hope this continues for a long time hence.

It will be interesting to see what that looks like at the end of the year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Right now it kind of feels like early 90's ISU basketball that was good enough for the NCAA tournament but still far below the blue bloods but it was still fun to see how they stacked up.

That changed as time went on, and it would be mind blowing if ISU football were ever in that upper-tier even if just for a few years.

I'm SLOWLY coming along in that I'm not giddy just because they're going to a bowl.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This reminds me of when Royce and that teamed played Kentucky in the tourney against Anthony Davis. Seemed fun at first and then they just
Kind of worked us.

We might hang for a quarter. Butler might hit his chest and yell I’m the best mofo on the field. However Bama by 20 plus points

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011

Tony Yelk... wasnt he like 2-5 that game. Almost as bad as his 0-4 game against A&M... so many painful memories.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I wouldn't go so far as to predict a win, but I think ISU could certainly do better than LSU did.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Sarcasm aside, the Alabama FG kicker is so bad, he wouldn't even make it close enough to be controversial. Their kicking game is atrocious. They missed not one but two extra points vs. LSU.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I wouldn't go so far as to predict a win, but I think ISU could certainly do better than LSU did.
I agree. I would even go as far to say that Iowa State vs. LSU would be a terrific match-up. Alabama is a different animal though.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Tony Yelk... wasnt he like 2-5 that game. Almost as bad as his 0-4 game against A&M... so many painful memories.
The 2001 I-Bowl was a similar game to the 1992 game with Nebraska. ISU over doubled the yardage. The difference was the FGs made vs. NU and missed vs. Alabama. I give the Tide credit though. They had an incredible FG defense that night.

• Funny
Reactions: spitfyr36