*** CFB Championship Week Games Thread***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
So what are we looking at for tomorrow?

Peach (semi): #1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State
Fiesta (semi): #2 Michigan vs #3 TCU

Rose: Utah (Pac-12 champ) vs Penn State (Big Ten secondary)
Sugar: Kansas State (Big 12 champ) vs Alabama (SEC secondary)
Orange: Clemson (ACC champ) vs Tennessee (highest-ranked available team from SEC/B1G/ND)
Cotton: Tulane (highest G5 champ) vs USC (at-large)

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
The cleaning lady might be a good show, but I cant take it seriously because of the name.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Orange: Clemson (ACC champ) vs Tennessee (highest-ranked available team from SEC/B1G/ND)
That would actually be a really good lineup.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
For anyone who plans to tune in to ESPN's SEC/B1G Cavalcade of Ballwashing tomorrow, here are the key times:

11:00 (CT) - show starts
11:15 - playoff teams revealed

(two hours of nothing)

1:30 - NY6 matchups

• Funny
Reactions: BigCyFan

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

Nailed it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Love how rose bowl “tradition” still isn’t traditional big ten and Pac ten teams even when it’s those two conferences.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Refs make bad calls. Just saying that when they had 17 penalties called against them, blaming the refs for the loss is kind of weak sauce. Big Xii refs, IIRC? That being said, 'Bama was definitely fortunate to win that game.
they were SEC refs for that game. TCU dominated Texas in Austin, Bama needed help to win. I don't think Bama should get in.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
That would actually be a really good lineup.
It is perfect but I don’t trust the committee. If there is any angle justifying Bama over TCU they will find it. The thing going for TCU is for the most part national media are saying they should still be in. I’m honestly shocked as there has been an anti Big 12 narrative for all teams not named OU/UT ever since realignment.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
How can Young get booted for a a ticky tac targeting in 2020 and a TCU player can punch a KSU player in the head and not get kicked out.
He does not get kicked out because the KSU player he slugged is from Waterloo, Iowa and that makes it perfectly acceptable.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I’m in the minority on this, but I think they will pair Michigan and OSU in the Semi to make sure the “rematch” game will happen and can be marketed.

I realize it would be hard to justify idle OSU jumping TCU in the order, but I don’t think they really give a crap.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m in the minority on this, but I think they will pair Michigan and OSU in the Semi to make sure the “rematch” game will happen and can be marketed.

I realize it would be hard to justify idle OSU jumping TCU in the order, but I don’t think they really give a crap.

You could be right. It's Georgia and then everyone else so the rematch might be only real interesting aspect of the whole thing.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
they were SEC refs for that game. TCU dominated Texas in Austin, Bama needed help to win. I don't think Bama should get in.
My apologies. Obviously, I did not remember correctly. So, SEC refs penalized Alabama 17 times @ Texas and made some bad calls. Happens. It was a tough game, and Alabama was fortunate to win.

Either way, I have not one time said I think Alabama SHOULD be in the CFP, because they don't. Quite frankly, the only two teams who do belong in the CFP are Georgia and Michigan. All of the others have failed at one thing or another incuding TCU, Ohio State and Alabama. Heck, I think Clemson (ACC Champion), Utah (Pac-12 Champion), Tulane (AAC Champion) and K-State (Big Xii Champion) are all more worthy than the aforementioned trio.

'Twould be a good year to revert back to the BCS Era.
Looking forward to Georgia vs. Michigan @ So-Fi.
Go Blue!

*-Edited for spelling

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cayin