CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Anyone else think Geno would be a good coach in men's game? I don't know.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Sorry to bring up old info, but I've read similar posts to this before but my memory eludes me. If he was caught with violations at both programs, what were the penalties? And if he just keeps on winning at Kentucky, they obviously didn't affect his career or future success any. If they would find more, seems it wouldn't really matter in the long run. Just curious.
The violations were not committed by him, just by players that he recruited and played. Rose's violations were before he ever stepped foot on the Memphis campus. I don't think Cal commits violations; I just think he recruits players that are very likely to commit violations. The bad part about Top 10 recruits is that they have had runners and agents going after them up since they were probably in 8th grade. The odds that you'll land as many Top 10 recruits as Cal gets and come out unblemished is virtually zero. It's honestly my biggest fear with Self landing more of these Top 10 recruits than he used to. Get them on campus, have the ncaa clear them to play and then find out 6 months later that an agent gave them money while they were juniors in high school. The kid goes unpunished, the coach goes unpunished and the school is screwed by punishments. Crazy system.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
twocoach will be the judge of that... :rolleyes:
Looks good to me except for Miller above Donovan. If they took out the part of the criteria about not worrying about the coach retiring, I would put Hoiberg above Boeheim because I would be surprised if Boeheim was still coaching in five years.