Casey’s

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I like Casey's but their coffee was on par with Sanka IMO. Interested in trying the new blend.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Not a coffee drinker but I'll take a slice of Casey's pizza over any convenience store in the metro area. I live in Grimes too and have stopped at the new Kwick Star a few times when headed north and they do have some nice affordable food options. They had a 2 piece fried chicken for under $3 and it wasn't half bad. Have had a cheesesteak sandwich once there too.

Will be glad when the 2nd KS store opens by Menards as that is a lot closer to me than the current one. They are moving a ton of dirt right now north of HWY 44 to extend Gateway drive up to Heritage and the first thing going in there is a Hy-Vee fast and fresh store which I have not been to 1 yet but that will be maybe 1/2 mile from my house once it's built. I know Hy-Vee also has plans to build a store just north of that as well but I am guessing that is probably 2-3 years away still since they have to run all the utilities and sewer lines through that development still after all the grading has been done.

A little off topic: I keep saying I sure hope some restaurants will eventually be going in somewhere in Grimes in the near future. Grimes is getting a lot of new gas stations, Menards, Aldi's, O'Reilly Auto Parts, etc. and unfortunately more of the ugly damn warehouse type buildings too but still have yet to see any chain restaurants or even something like Culver's yet. I keep saying Grimes would be a prime location for someone to setup a microbrewery with a bar and grill like Barntown as there currently is nothing in that part of the metro so it would probably go over really well with Polk City and Granger just a few miles up the road on 141 as well to draw customers from too.

Polk City has Fenders but I agree with another brewery in the Grimes area being a good idea. There’s plenty of people in the area and it’s just going to keep growing.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Not a coffee drinker but I'll take a slice of Casey's pizza over any convenience store in the metro area. I live in Grimes too and have stopped at the new Kwick Star a few times when headed north and they do have some nice affordable food options. They had a 2 piece fried chicken for under $3 and it wasn't half bad. Have had a cheesesteak sandwich once there too.

Will be glad when the 2nd KS store opens by Menards as that is a lot closer to me than the current one. They are moving a ton of dirt right now north of HWY 44 to extend Gateway drive up to Heritage and the first thing going in there is a Hy-Vee fast and fresh store which I have not been to 1 yet but that will be maybe 1/2 mile from my house once it's built. I know Hy-Vee also has plans to build a store just north of that as well but I am guessing that is probably 2-3 years away still since they have to run all the utilities and sewer lines through that development still after all the grading has been done.

A little off topic: I keep saying I sure hope some restaurants will eventually be going in somewhere in Grimes in the near future. Grimes is getting a lot of new gas stations, Menards, Aldi's, O'Reilly Auto Parts, etc. and unfortunately more of the ugly damn warehouse type buildings too but still have yet to see any chain restaurants or even something like Culver's yet. I keep saying Grimes would be a prime location for someone to setup a microbrewery with a bar and grill like Barntown as there currently is nothing in that part of the metro so it would probably go over really well with Polk City and Granger just a few miles up the road on 141 as well to draw customers from too.

When is Grimes going to get off the cancer water?

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
The Kwik star in Grimes regularly has 20+ vehicles in their lot, say maybe 8 are employee vehicles. The Caseys across the street, 3 vehicles, two employees? Kwik star has great stores and Caseys, and Quick Trip, should be nervous.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
They have a lot of kids that are seriously sick at elementary school level and rumors abound about the water...
I have not heard this. Where are you getting this? I’m in Grimes, but Johnston school district. That sounds like some Erin Brokovich stuff

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Polk City has a great brewery - https://www.fendersbrewing.com/

Reactions: CYdTracked

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
W. T. F?

I stopped into my local Casey’s in Grimes for the first time in a week. Got a cup of joe. All new cups. Nice. High quality stuff. Ooh, new signs for the coffee. Swanky. Wait....all new flavors? They changed the flavors? The Classic is NOT THE CLASSIC BREW!!!! It’s all bitter and ‘look at me’ now. What the ****? I go to Casey’s for the cheap and weak coffee. I check the website and it says this...

Our culinary team gave themselves a mission: find a better-tasting coffee line that resembles more specialty coffee bar flavors

WHAT THE HELL, I don’t want a coffee bar, I want my weak arse coffee back!
Coffee and the HyVee fuel saver was the only reason I used Casey’s. Right across the street from my Casey’s is a new Kwikstar. And they’re putting up another KS on the other side of my hood. Goodbye Casey’s, I’ll miss you.
you'll be disappointed "KStars" coffee sucks

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
When is Grimes going to get off the cancer water?

Not sure what you are talking about and I've lived in Grimes for 6 years now. They've been constantly digging new wells and upgrading or building new water treatment plants too for those wells. I have a kid in kindergarten this year who hasn't missed a day of school nor heard of any "sickness epidemics" with the schools so really not sure where you are hearing this from.

They did have a really bad problem with the water being hard with 1 of the new wells they drilled when we first moved there so we installed a water softener and whole house water filter system in our house to remediate that. You can find the water quality reports here I know: https://www.grimesiowa.gov/Utilities/UtilityInformation.aspx

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
While we are ******** about change I'll throw in my $0.02. I know not many people like Butterfingers but I do and we bought some for our Halloween candy mix. I thought it would be great since I haven't had one in probably a year. I tried one and it was terrible. I guess they tried to make it "new and improved" but instead made it bitter while saccharin at the same time (I don't even know how you can accomplish that) with next to no texture.

You have ruined my childhood!

Carry on.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
GDI what is with Iowans and gas stations?
If you ever get out East, these are the bees knees
Sheetz-Photo.jpg