Can we put this to bed?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
That fans that are critical of this team and this coach are somehow rooting for the team to lose or are lesser fans? The crowd at the game was locked, loaded, and ready to explode if given the opportunity by this team. 14,000+ to watch a 7-6 team that got blown out by its rival and lost to a 1-9 Florida A&M team.

Save the lectures about being "good" or "loyal" fans. Iowa State fans have proven that over and over and over again. We can cheer on this team AND be wondering what the hell the future looks like and where this program is going.

End rant.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That fans that are critical of this team and this coach are somehow rooting for the team to lose or are lesser fans? The crowd at the game was locked, loaded, and ready to explode if given the opportunity by this team. 14,000+ to watch a 7-6 team that got blown out by its rival and lost to a 1-9 Florida A&M team.

Save the lectures about being "good" or "loyal" fans. Iowa State fans have proven that over and over and over again. We can cheer on this team AND be wondering what the hell the future looks like and where this program is going.

End rant.

While I hope people continue to support the team, I don't see a, say, Tuesday night Oklahoma State game being too heavily attended.

• Agree
Reactions: everyyard

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

End rant.

Cc: Cyclone Larry on twitter. Account is ridiculous

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It's also fair to ask the lunatic fringe to step back and look at the full picture and try to at least acknowledge why our roster looks the way it does right now.

Of course. But we have lunatic fringe people crapping on Matt Campbell for this season. Fan bases will ALWAYS have those people.

95% of the people on this board are rational people that 1) support ISU monetarily and general fan support, 2) want the best for the coaches and players, 3) want ISU to win every game, 4) are capable of discussing the states of various programs rationally, and 5) are going to speak up when things don't seem right. And things don't seem right with this basketball program right now.

I'm talking about the media, fans, etc that are basically saying "CYCLONE NATION IS FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!". No we aren't, we are watching the games and commenting on what we see.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

End rant.

It’s going to be hard to put it to bed when 3-4 of these threads are popping up every hour. Who cares, go do what you want, but don’t preach at me.

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
Of course. But we have lunatic fringe people crapping on Matt Campbell for this season. Fan bases with ALWAYS have those people.

95% of the people on this board are rational people that 1) support ISU monetarily and general fan support, 2) want the best for the coaches and players, 3) want ISU to win every game, 4) are capable of discussing the states of various programs rationally, and 5) are going to speak up when things don't seem right. And things don't seem right with this basketball program right now.

I'm talking about the media, fans, etc that are basically saying "CYCLONE NATION IS FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!". No we aren't, we are watching the games and commenting on what we see.
And, it's fair game to say we don't like what we are seeing. In fact, it's terrible and it is irresponsible not to say so.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's also fair to ask the lunatic fringe to step back and look at the full picture and try to at least acknowledge why our roster looks the way it does right now.

You're right some people have gone off the deep end but I think you're looking too much into w/l as to why level headed people have had enough. We obviously don't have the roster we've had in the past, you know it, I know it, Steve knows it, yet we still seem to want to play like we have that kind of roster. 17/18 was the same way, depleted roster but we still tried to play the same way as the previous year.

That's what rubs some of us the wrong way, when you don't have the talent you are used to, a coach should be taking the reins and adjust what the team does to its talents. That's what a good coach does. When things have gotten tough for Prohm, he just stays the course.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

End rant.

This was evident by the eruption for Zion’s dunk at the end of the game. There was just absolutely nothing to cheer about last night.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I don't want them to lose, and I'd never root against them. But I have reached a point of serious apathy about the games.

And I can't pretend they are good and there are no problems to be fixed.
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Because of too many busts on the recruiting trail?

Yes, we have had a couple losses to professional ball but we are also hurt significantly by the players we recruited but haven't contributed at a big 12 level. The current team isn't there... And obviously the two players that transferred must've been huge busts if they weren't even good enough for this ********.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lard did it to himself. LW maybe in a non direct way.

I don't see many stories of coaches getting their players to wellness centers to really dig deep and work through things.

Lard had probably too many chances and at some point, the responsibility falls on the self. It's too bad because he really did/does have lots of raw ability that was potentially unstoppable.