***Camping World Bowl Accommodations Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thought i'd start a thread where folks could share accommodations ideas/thoughts. I booked a Delta flight from Mpls for 26th - 30th, my afternoon impulse buy. No idea where I am staying yet. Only been to Orlando for Disney (work perk as a tag along significant other) or freeway hotels (work training crap).

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I have stayed at the JW down there. Nice golf course on property, lazy river pool. Had good sushi bar.

granted this was a few years back. But would recommend that

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
We are staying at the Best Western Orlando which is about a mile from the stadium. Then going to stay on one of the coast for a few days after. Driving down.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Universal Studio bar/restaurant area is a nice place and would recommend.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I ended up booking our airline tickets flying out of KC instead of DSM. The tickets went through the roof minutes after it was announced. Only $500/person round trip. Plus I remember some of the people flying to San Antonio and flights getting cancelled out of DSM and Omaha and having to drive down anyway. So I figured KC will have a less of a chance of fighting that kind of weather. We still haven’t booked a hotel but probably will shoot for somewhere that is somewhat center to the stadium , Pep rally , & Disney.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Staying at the Clarion near Universal Studios and somewhat close to the stadium.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Booked Hyatt Regency Orlando, not far from Hilton Orlando which is the ISU HQ for the Alumni Association. Might walk over there if I don't see many ISU peeps at the Hyatt.

Now that I have digs I am getting fired up. Probably should think about getting a ticket? :rolleyes:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Booked Hyatt Regency Orlando, not far from Hilton Orlando which is the ISU HQ for the Alumni Association. Might walk over there if I don't see many ISU peeps at the Hyatt.

Now that I have digs I am getting fired up. Probably should think about getting a ticket? :rolleyes:

Heard it’s all sold out. Maybe someone will have a TV at a tailgate.

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
We have rented private homes in the Champions Gate area on I-4...traffic into and out of Orlando can be stop and go for miles though .

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Staying 12/27 at the Spring Hill Suites about 4.2 miles from the stadium.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Isn't that Hyatt Regency the same hotel that is being used for the CF trip?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Thought i'd start a thread where folks could share accommodations ideas/thoughts. I booked a Delta flight from Mpls for 26th - 30th, my afternoon impulse buy. No idea where I am staying yet. Only been to Orlando for Disney (work perk as a tag along significant other) or freeway hotels (work training crap).
Stay in Kissimmee and get your hotel NOW.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
How is everyone planning getting to the game if staying farther away? Uber/Lyft? Driving and parking in crowded situations like that stresses me out so I booked a hotel downtown for now but would love something cheaper and in an area with more fellow Cyclone fans.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
How is everyone planning getting to the game if staying farther away? Uber/Lyft? Driving and parking in crowded situations like that stresses me out so I booked a hotel downtown for now but would love something cheaper and in an area with more fellow Cyclone fans.
Traffic sucks in Orlando (all of Florida) that's why I suggest staying in Kissimmee. Cheaper and you can get away from the rat race that is Orlando. If getting to the game is a concern that is understandable but you'll pay double what you would in Kissimmee.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron