Calling in Plays

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Why doesn't College Football go to radios in the QB's helmet? The NFL has been doing it for a long time with few issues. It seems silly that in college there are 3 or more guys signing in plays, using curtains to hide those callers, having coaches dressed in bright colors just to get a play in. I cannot imagine the time it takes to learn all the signs. Its would seem the whole process would be made simpler with just using the radios.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Just win. That is all. Don't care about all "feel good...we're improving" accolades anymore. I'm de-sensitized to it...
...just win.

drbell81

Oct 6, 2014
There has been a lot of talk over the years about making this happen. The main issue is that the headset systems used by the NFL are different than the ones used by the NCAA. Add to that the fact that the NCAA doesn't mandate a specific headset company, and you run into the issue of some schools not being able to afford the necessary equipment needed to make this possible.
I think in time, it will happen, but it will take either a conference or entire NCAA initiative to get it done.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
Because it's fun! That's part of the fun of the game, watching the theatrics and how folks come up with that stuff.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
And give up signs like this? No, thank you!

2015-1121-Indiana-signal-sign-cards.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron