Call for 5-20-20 mailbag questions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
“Choose Your Adventure” question.

You’re on a first date (dinner at a nice place, like Chik-Fil-A) and it’s love at first sight for you. But fate has deemed that one of these actions will occur at the dinner table. However you get to choose which action occurs. Do you:

A) poop your pants

B) projectile vomit all over the food and your date

C) Get the results of a positive COVID test while at dinner and you have to tell your new love that she will need to quarantine for 14 days and likely has COVID (and you 100% have COVID)

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Jared -- there's been quite a bit of talk about wanting to longer on the perimeter and be more switchable similar to the 2018-2019 team, but it looks like the roster just won't allow it with Bolton, Harris, and Jackson looking like some of our better players moving forward. What do you think they can do to make up for what's not exactly an ideal roster, at least in the current day?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You get a night out in a city of your choice with any 3 former Cyclones of your choice. What city and what former players are going to be there?

Reactions: JStanz51 and DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
CW said there's a possibility of regional conferences this fall for football.

What's your prediction if the Bugeaters have to travel to Ames?
How many family members will no longer talk to you when you inevitably have to write something negative about Frost?

ps. My inlaws are huge Nebraska fans. I'm both excited and terrified at the thought of them playing this year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You get a night out in a city of your choice with any 3 former Cyclones of your choice. What city and what former players are going to be there?
It’s really probably what two former players because there’s absolutely no way one of the 3 isn’t Georges. But to each there own.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
It’s really probably what two former players because there’s absolutely no way one of the 3 isn’t Georges. But to each there own.

Georges, Tyler Ellerman, Stu Nezlek and I will almost certainly drink Las Cruces, NM out of beer.

Reactions: JM4CY

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
How will the COVID lockdown affect non-revenue sports long term? Is this a house of cards situation where even if we have football and bball a lot of other sports die because of revenue? I think we were already seeing this early on.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hypothetical question:

Say in 2020, the scheduling of games has focused on regional games due to COVID. Because of this, Iowa State and Missouri schedule a game in Ames. Does Missouri bring the Telephone Trophy with them to the game? Do you think they still have / value this trophy? Being the only other traveling trophy for Iowa State, I'd be curious to know your thoughts on this. - Thanks!

Reactions: LindenCy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Which TV dad would you rather have?
Frank Costanza or Frank Reynolds

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
If FB does return to action, what will it look like if a player contracts the RONA? Will the whole team have to quarantine for a specified period of time, or just his position group? Is it reasonable to think this format could be possible? Example: how would you compete if your O-line room gets exposed? or that a team would have to forfeit x games?

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I'm pushing the mailbag to tomorrow for the sake of spacing out content so there's still time to submit questions.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
“Choose Your Adventure” question.

You’re on a first date (dinner at a nice place, like Chik-Fil-A) and it’s love at first sight for you. But fate has deemed that one of these actions will occur at the dinner table. However you get to choose which action occurs. Do you:

A) poop your pants

B) projectile vomit all over the food and your date

C) Get the results of a positive COVID test while at dinner and you have to tell your new love that she will need to quarantine for 14 days and likely has COVID (and you 100% have COVID)

That is an easy C.

Given you addressed this question to Jared, I am going to assume the couple in question is roughly his age without any comorbidity risks. The mortality risk from them having COVID is essentially zero, and they might just catch it anyways at some point before we have an effective vaccine, so the scenario in your question might not affect their eventual risk of catching it one way or another all that much.

A and B could ruin a foundational and lifelong relationship.

C means... some risk, yes, but very little, especially compared to the "probably going to catch it someday anyways" reality... but you get to spend a few weeks sequestered from society while COVID and chillin' with your new squeeze.

I can think of worse things.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If Iowa State's colors were not cardinal and gold, which colors would you pick and why?