C-RTC & Recruiting

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
600,000 is not a lot of money PSU had one 5 million dollar donor a few years back

The $600,000 is just from the 2019 donations FYI. They had over $450K the first year in 2017 and a little over $500,000 in 2018. This year in 2020 there is a donor who already gave $100,000 and will match whatever is donated over the summer up to another $100,000.

Reactions: buf87

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
The $600,000 is just from the 2019 donations FYI. They had over $450K the first year in 2017 and a little over $500,000 in 2018. This year in 2020 there is a donor who already gave $100,000 and will match whatever is donated over the summer up to another $100,000.
I was responding to a previous post that mentioned 600,000 . Posted a link to the newsletter in another thread . They have done a really good job getting the RTC up and going I have never questioned that. I’ll be making my donation tomorrow.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Any ideas on who might replace Palmer ?

I guess it all depends on if they want another CRTC athlete or a “Volunteer” assistant coach. If you are looking for athlete/ Coach Joe Colon would be a good fit. Or if we are just looking to add a coach to our staff it sounds like Matt McDonough is available both would be great for our lightweights.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I guess it all depends on if they want another CRTC athlete or a “Volunteer” assistant coach. If you are looking for athlete/ Coach Joe Colon would be a good fit. Or if we are just looking to add a coach to our staff it sounds like Matt McDonough is available both would be great for our lightweights.
Right now from the sounds they are waiting to see how this Covid stuff shakes out for the upcoming season before making any decisions.

ssjfarmer

Apr 4, 2017
IMO......getting Matt McD would be a home run hire (if affordable). Matt is savy and although lacks experience, I think will develop into a great recruiter. Go get him......

Reactions: CyGold

justice

Jan 27, 2020
the money goes to fatten the pockets of Dresser and his staff, who happens to be one of the highest paid coaches in the country, and his assistants are the highest paid coaches in the country, apparently they need more. He pays his brother a nice bit of money to take your money, asks the rtc coach to raise his own salary and has asked the rtc athlete to file for unemployment during these times because there isn't enough money to pay everyone right now, athletes are not and never have been a priority for the club or dresser, but people continue to drink the sauce....if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then you should assume its a duck.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
the money goes to fatten the pockets of Dresser and his staff, who happens to be one of the highest paid coaches in the country, and his assistants are the highest paid coaches in the country, apparently they need more. He pays his brother a nice bit of money to take your money, asks the rtc coach to raise his own salary and has asked the rtc athlete to file for unemployment during these times because there isn't enough money to pay everyone right now, athletes are not and never have been a priority for the club or dresser, but people continue to drink the sauce....if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then you should assume its a duck.
It it joins as a troll, posts as a troll then you should assume it’s a troll

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
First post on site and you come out swinging making significantly negative accusations. I can't prove you wrong but why would I believe you?

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA

Oooh! Someone new to ignore!

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Dresser and his assistants being some of the highest paid in the country is a good thing.

RTC athletes getting unemployment also seems like a good thing. Hard to believe that our government actually did something good for once with the increased UI benefits during this time.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
It was obviously a troll and I know nothing either way about the unemployment thing but I don't think it's a secret that the C-RTC is primarily being used to fund additional coaches and staff.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Would be pretty cool to go after someone like Henry Cejudo as an assistant. Has the freestyle background and MMA which to me would be mega appealing to wrestling athletes as that is about the only two "professional" routes to go with the sport. I have no idea if he wants to coach, but would be the biggest home-run.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I was pretty sure Dan Dresser was a volunteer with CRTC originally and still is.
Dan has never received a salary from CRTC

Last edited:
Reactions: CyGold and jkbuff98

justice

Jan 27, 2020
It was obviously a troll and I know nothing either way about the unemployment thing but I don't think it's a secret that the C-RTC is primarily being used to fund additional coaches and staff.
If its no secret then no need to ask why there are no additional athletes being recruited, because the money being "raised" is not actually for that purpose. And its actually not being "raised" to fund any additional coaches, just the current coaches, again w/ the exception of the RTC coach, who has to raise his own salary

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
The original post has all the characteristics of a troll job. That said, perceptions of nepotism raised by hiring your own family will always earn scrutiny, and should IMO.

is this directed towards Brands, Sandersons, Smiths, Ferentz, Gibbons or Dresser? Just curious. If the guy is qualified and willing then go for it in my opinion. Will Some people be mad if we get Nate and David Carr involved withCRTC at the same time?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron