Buying exercise equipment

Storkenheimer

Oct 2, 2011
My wife has been asking for a treadmill, I haven't been convinced yet I want to spend the money or have that thing taking up space in the house. Anyone have recommendations on where to buy or what kind? Do any of the 2nd hand stores sell decent ones? Should I look on Craigslist?

Would a stationary bike or elliptical be better? Never personally owned any of this equipment, so just curious. Thanks!

What a horrible thing to say about your wife.

bpmdu

Jun 28, 2006
My wife has been asking for a treadmill, I haven't been convinced yet I want to spend the money or have that thing taking up space in the house. Anyone have recommendations on where to buy or what kind? Do any of the 2nd hand stores sell decent ones? Should I look on Craigslist?

Would a stationary bike or elliptical be better? Never personally owned any of this equipment, so just curious. Thanks!

The disadvantages to buying new would be delivery and set up. I've heard Pro-Form treadmills can be miserable to set up when new and they're one of the better brands out there IMO.
I have a NordicTrack C970 that I bought directly from NordicTrack when they had a big sale and free shipping. Set up wasn't great but at least I didn't get a dead display or have a missing part. It's a great treadmill, has solid power with a 3CHP motor, set up is somewhat easy, and it wasn't insanely expensive.
There isn't anything wrong with buying a GOOD used treadmill but I wouldn't buy a used cheap one.
Not a fan of Ellipticals personally but a lot of people seem to use them. Stationary bikes aren't bad but I think they're harder to really get a work out on. They can certainly be had for not a lot of money, though

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The disadvantages to buying new would be delivery and set up. I've heard Pro-Form treadmills can be miserable to set up when new and they're one of the better brands out there IMO.
I have a NordicTrack C970 that I bought directly from NordicTrack when they had a big sale and free shipping. Set up wasn't great but at least I didn't get a dead display or have a missing part. It's a great treadmill, has solid power with a 3CHP motor, set up is somewhat easy, and it wasn't insanely expensive.
There isn't anything wrong with buying a GOOD used treadmill but I wouldn't buy a used cheap one.
Not a fan of Ellipticals personally but a lot of people seem to use them. Stationary bikes aren't bad but I think they're harder to really get a work out on. They can certainly be had for not a lot of money, though

Our treadmill was delivered and set up. Was same price as a Scheels sale so being a ma and pa store was a nice bonus.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron