Bubble Watch

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

vcl3

Jun 17, 2006
Des Moines
Does anybody know anything about Joe Lunardi's bubble watch? He has it every year. I can't seem to find it. I'm assuming he hasn't compiled it yet. If it's out there, please put the link here.

vcl3

Jun 17, 2006
Des Moines
Thanks but not quite. Bracketology is not bubble watch. Bubble watch is where he has "Locks" say, Kansas, Baylor and West Virginia. And a paragraphs about teams that need work, i.e. Iowa State, K-State, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State. He does this for every conference. It's pretty insightful stuff and I like it. However, it might not be Lunardi. I'm just assuming it is. If you've seen it, let us know. I know this is a busy time for all sports writers.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
Does anybody know anything about Joe Lunardi's bubble watch? He has it every year. I can't seem to find it. I'm assuming he hasn't compiled it yet. If it's out there, please put the link here.
Here's a little something, but not exactly what you're looking for.

From Jan 31st:
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/01/31/ncaa-tournament-bubble-watch-acc-big-east-sec-pac-12

From Feb 5th:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...turday-shakes-up-the-ncaa-tournament-bracket/

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Thanks but not quite. Bracketology is not bubble watch. Bubble watch is where he has "Locks" say, Kansas, Baylor and West Virginia. And a paragraphs about teams that need work, i.e. Iowa State, K-State, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State. He does this for every conference. It's pretty insightful stuff and I like it. However, it might not be Lunardi. I'm just assuming it is. If you've seen it, let us know. I know this is a busy time for all sports writers.

I mean you have a good start. You should finish your write-up for the bubble watch. I'm down for all the tournament hearsay and coverage anyone can provide.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Wow, good timing on this thread OP. now I have something to read during lunch.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
From the article in case anyone wants a quick view:

Iowa State [14-8 (6-4), RPI: 42, SOS: 29] No sooner had the Jayhawks escaped Baylor with their 51-game home winning streak intact than the Cyclones arrived in Lawrence to unceremoniously end it. Saturday's 92-89 overtime win at Allen Fieldhouse -- led by Deonte Burton's 29 points, eight rebounds and six steals -- is the stuff coaches' warmest, early-morning lucid dreams are made of. It is also the kind of win that ensures that Iowa State, whose resume was already solid but still in need of work, will be able to spend the next few weeks a little less anxious about the prospect of another NCAA tournament bid. Nothing is guaranteed. But life just got a whole lot easier.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Isnt it usually based on "if they lose like 9 out of their last 10 games, they can still make it" at this point in the season?
I think it is can they lose out. I just have a hard time when teams like West Virginia aren't considered a lock. They should be just as much a lock as anyone right now.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I think it is can they lose out. I just have a hard time when teams like West Virginia aren't considered a lock. They should be just as much a lock as anyone right now.

Every year, ESPN's Bubble Watch is much more conservative regarding what is considered a "Lock" or "Should Be In" then the other watches. Basically to be a lock you have to be able to survive a huge losing streak. Other watches tend to project a little more and be more generous.