Brockington and the NBA Draft

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
If you don't get drafted and don't hire an agent, you can come back right?

He definitely should test the waters

Brings up a question: If you do not hire an agent, how are you approached for workouts, etc,. Does it hinder your pro possibilities, by not having an agent. Can coach Otz, be his middleman??

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I interpreted “light” as “poor man’s,” and I don’t think that’s the case. No throat jumping intended, I just think it’s a bad comp with such wildly different body types. Reasonable people can certainly disagree.

This also makes me realize how little NBA I have watched since work travel went away. Marcus Smart with less wingspan and better offense? I didn’t think IZB stood much chance of making a roster, but if the recent 3-point explosion is the real deal, he may find a spot.
Marcus Smart is not a bad comp at all.

Fwiw, I brought up Bridges more so for his playing style than body type. The guy plays great defense and has made a living in the NBA as a knock down corner 3 shooter. He also has a decent midrange game. It's not a perfect comparison because he isn't left handed and has a 7'1" wingspan like you said, but he was the first player that came to mind

Reactions: Pat

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So all our seniors have an extra year if they want it, correct? What about the others? Any thoughts

Zay - 50/50 according to the article
George - No idea
Jazz - No idea
Gabe - No idea

Anybody have any thoughts on these guys? For reference here is the scholly chart
My question about who could be returning is this: won't we know in less than a week? Seems as though whoever goes through senior night probably isn't coming back.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Marcus Smart is not a bad comp at all.

Fwiw, I brought up Bridges more so for his playing style than body type. The guy plays great defense and has made a living in the NBA as a knock down corner 3 shooter. He also has a decent midrange game. It's not a perfect comparison because he isn't left handed and has a 7'1" wingspan like you said, but he was the first player that came to mind

I’m curious if we know what IZB’s wingspan is?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My question about who could be returning is this: won't we know in less than a week? Seems as though whoever goes through senior night probably isn't coming back.
Didn't Orien Vance and Xavier Hutchinson participate on senior day?

CoachBob

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009

I think JerkBo went through it a few times.... Not a binding thing but could be a fair indication.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Ashley Joens says she is going thru senior night but had not made a decision yet for next year. So, in line with what have others stated, maybe don't read too much into it

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron