Brock Purdy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It's ok for a recruit to say, a fanbase to say about itself, yah tacky.
All the gates at Memorial Stadium are labeled with that

IMG_8433-e1510022900871.jpg

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
What a random article. Why in the world would he think to interview a HS kid who likely won't be playing for us next year? Nothing of substance. I know it's off-season, but man....

Honestly, Randy is just trying to get an interview with him now because once Brock gets to campus he will be off limits for the year.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Man, Randy really seems to be obsessed with that cactus. He mentions it 11 times in that article. He could have had some really good Q&A with him before he got to campus and he goes on about an incident with a cactus? :oops:

Question: When does Randy retire?
Answer: Not soon enough.
I remeber watching him interview multiple ISU and Iowa players before the CyHawk game the year the new trophy was up for grabs and he asked every player if the game ment more becasue of the new trophy. It was comically annoying by the time the interviews were over.

Reactions: rholtgraves

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
It's a puff piece, but football articles in May are always puff pieces. I enjoyed it, it's kind of a funny story, and he got to talk some about where he envisions himself within the program.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It's a puff piece, but football articles in May are always puff pieces. I enjoyed it, it's kind of a funny story, and he got to talk some about where he envisions himself within the program.

I tend to agree that it is a puff piece and that is what you get this time of year. Great article, no, but I have seen worse.

Probably a little too much focus on the cactus, but when you have a kid that threw for 4500 yards his senior year and got to hang out at Nick Sabin's house, the cactus is clearly the most important thing here.

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
What a random article. Why in the world would he think to interview a HS kid who likely won't be playing for us next year? Nothing of substance. I know it's off-season, but man....
Because Randy thinks he’s our next starting QB because he had an Alabama offer.. Everytime on cyclone insider they’ve talked about starting QBs of Kempt and Zeb, Randy says what about Purdy?!