***Breece Hall Thread***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It would make alot more sense for them to go the Dalvin Cook route for a year instead of making a trade for Jacobs.

Breece should be back at full strength next year, no way him and Jacobs could coexist in a backfield.
It's gonna be interesting. I wouldn't blame the Jets for getting some RB insurance as you just never know, injury-wise.

And thanks for the heads up on Cook. I just learned he is up for grabs after the Vikings released him. Cook vs. Jacobs, I think I would go Cook also, provided he is at full strength. The thing is, I think Breece is better than both, which is saying a lot, if he is at full strength!

So whomever they sign, and if they sign another RB, I would think he would have to be good enough for the Jets to rely on, if needed, but also one who is willing to take a backseat to Breece if and when he returns at full strength.

That said, it probably won't be either Jacobs or Cook.

Reactions: NoCreativity

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Are there any free agent linemen out there that are decent? I would think signing an o-lineman would be way more helpful. Besides, the Jets still have Michael Carter who is a capable backup.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Are there any free agent linemen out there that are decent? I would think signing an o-lineman would be way more helpful. Besides, the Jets still have Michael Carter who is a capable backup.
No decent OL out there that I'm aware of. Not enough good OL's to go around as it is so if they are even decent they get picked up pretty quick.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Expect them to go all in on Cook now. They'll ease Breece back as the season progresses. I wouldn't expect much out of him until November.
I would like this plan, if it works out. The Jets would get a great RB, (maybe just a 1 year contract for someone like Cook?), and they could ease Breece back into action.

Not expecting too much from Breece right away would give his knee more time to recover, get stronger, gradually be exposed to more game situations, the ligament reconstrction more time to firm up, etc.

Let's see if they do that.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I would like this plan, if it works out. The Jets would get a great RB, (maybe just a 1 year contract for someone like Cook?), and they could ease Breece back into action.

Not expecting too much from Breece right away would give his knee more time to recover, get stronger, gradually be exposed to more game situations, the ligament reconstrction more time to firm up, etc.

Yeah, Cook would be on a 1 year deal. They have a 2 or 3 year window to make a deep playoff run with Rodgers and that elite defense so I expect they'll want someone better than Michael Carter if Breece isn't ready.

Reactions: t-noah

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Generally, the first year back for running backs coming off an ACL, are timid and do not trust the knee. It's going to take Breece at least 5 or 6 games to work through the injury mentally, before he is back running the way he was before he got hurt. Some backs take up to a year, before they learn to forget about the knee and just run.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Generally, the first year back for running backs coming off an ACL, are timid and do not trust the knee. It's going to take Breece at least 5 or 6 games to work through the injury mentally, before he is back running the way he was before he got hurt. Some backs take up to a year, before they learn to forget about the knee and just run.
The negative psyche after a serious injury, ACL/Knee reconstruction, has got to be pretty strong. It takes a strong willed person to get back into football action again, therefore risking reinjury, losing more time, maybe never being the same again, etc. The players get paid well, most of them, and IMO, earn every penny they make.

Yes, you must take that into consideration, the mental aspect. It's not just the physical. Unless you are Adrian Peterson!

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Well, if Cook ends up signing with the Jets it will be interesting to see what the snap count breakdown will be between Breece, Cook, & Carter.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Well, if Cook ends up signing with the Jets it will be interesting to see what the snap count breakdown will be between Breece, Cook, & Carter.

Wouldn't like that add, selfishly want Hall to get his all. With a pretty good passing game, the Jets are going to be more balanced this year and I don't want Cook cutting into Hall's carries in what shapes up to be a huge year for him.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

Carter would be the odd man out. Cook/Hall would be a pretty filthy 1/2 punch. If it's a one year deal, it lets Breece ease back in from an ACL tear and learn from Cook for a year before becoming the primary back next year

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Carter would be the odd man out. Cook/Hall would be a pretty filthy 1/2 punch. If it's a one year deal, it lets Breece ease back in from an ACL tear and learn from Cook for a year before becoming the primary back next year
**** that, I want my cake and eat it too:)

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
From the Jets perspective, why not have Cook and Hall? Injuries are likely at that position in the NFL, which is partly why they are devalued so much. Hall gets more time to get back to full strength, and long term the "wear and tear" for each player will be much less, leading to longer longevity. The trend is for NFL teams not to have a "workhorse" running back. but rather have 2 or even 3 running backs to take regular snaps.

And selfishly, this keeps Cook out of the NFC :p

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m going to watch more Jets football this fall than I have in my entire life.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Does the NFL already have it outlined who their more national/bigger coverage games will be or do they set that up as the season goes on and a team is more successful/popular?

With all of the Rodgers hype and it being a New York team I'd think they'd want to get as many eyeballs as possible.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
As a Vikings fan, knowing we have little to no shot at a Super Bowl this year, I hope it is 49ers (with Brock as starting QB) vs the Jets