Breece Hall for Heisman

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good publicity for BH. Any player not on a name brand team has to go wild to even get in the conversation. Based on a limited sample size Lawrence looks like the best college QB I can recall in quite a while.

I think he's fun to watch.

Best I've seen out of him was in last year's CFP vs. OSU he got dinged up by a hard hit, and kicked it up a notch to run angry for a long TD.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Travis Ettienne is the MOST UNDERVALUED RB. Guy is a freak with speed, power and checks all the boxes. He's now proving himself for the 4th year in a row.

I love Breece but Ettienne is the best RB in college football.
Mandell and Feldman just talked about this on their podcast.

Reactions: IndyClone15

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
I think Breece will have a lot of trouble beating out Etienne and Najee Harris for any awards. Both play for the two highest ranked teams in the country and both are putting up as good of (if not better) stats than Breece. Harris has 10 touchdowns in 3 games....

Also worth noting is how involved Etienne has been in the passing game compared to Breece.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hall's chances will ride on how well Iowa State football fares. If the Cyclones win the B12 championship, which is clearly in-play, he'll be in the mix like Collin Klien and Michael Bishop were down here. If not, he'll be like Darren Sproles, a great running back left wanting for lack of a national stage/coverage. Being just a sophomore doesn't help.

• Informative
Reactions: kcbob79clone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Najee Harris is going to be tough to beat... dude is insanely good.
Actually most of his wow factor have come after the line, plowing through defenders and making open field plays to break tackles. He is a beast.

That's a dang good performance by Najee, the number 1 player in the 2017 class.

I love Breece, he's one of the best to put on a cyclone uniform. However, I'm not dumb enough to believe that an Iowa State player will beat out the number 1 player from the 2017 class (Harris) and the number 1 player from the 2018 class (Lawrence) unless he convinces the voters to go against the bluebloods. I really matters what team you are on, unless you have an UNDENIABLE season like Lamar Jackson

Yeah OK, he be pretty good. Very Breece-like! Ha! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Team success matters. You can win the Heisman if you aren’t on a blue blood. You can’t win when you are getting blown out in 10 games.

Heisman:
Best offensive skill position player on a team people think will be a top 5 team most of the year

That's what it's for.

It's not always from the best team, but it's almost always from a team that is in the NC hunt late into the season.

There's a pool of about 30 players that can realistically qualify every year. The QB, RB and #1WR/return guy on 10 top ranked teams.

When somebody like TD or Marshall Faulk is clearly the best offensive player in the nation, they get a trip to NYC but they'd never win.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I know why I got the reaction from @t-noah, I forgot the NOT as shown above in my previous post
That's cool! I woke up this morning and put my Lt shoe on my Rt foot. Just kidding! Mistakes happen.

I thought you were being 'facetious' when you were talking about blue bloods never getting benefit of doubt. (Another one of those big words I had to look up. Ha.)