Bowl Game Projections

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
A road game against a non-P5 opponent with zero national relevance. Nobody but ISU and Memphis fans will be watching. Consider me underwhelmed.

Oh, well. Go Clones!

Well since everyone thinks we are going to lose (or "loose") then I guess that's a good thing, right?

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
So there are tickets for sale on the Liberty bowl website. I am assuming if I buy those I won't be next to ISU fans?

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
A road game against a non-P5 opponent with zero national relevance. Nobody but ISU and Memphis fans will be watching. Consider me underwhelmed.

Oh, well. Go Clones!

We're up against Louisville/Mississippi State on a Saturday. They'll be the more-watched game, but it's an ABC telecast. On a Saturday. Holiday weekend. I think there will be some eyes on our game.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and ILikeCy

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Unlike 2012, we now have a coaching staff that knows how to prepare for a bowl game. These guys will be ready. After this year's game, people will have a positive memory about Memphis. This coaching staff will earn those paychecks. Dirty Ninety, it's time to exorcise some demons!

And one other thing. I'll take a bowl game with a full stadium and amped up crowd over the alternative any day. Should be a great atmosphere.

• Agree
L

LincolnWay187

This is a sign we need to start the Corn bowl which will be a home game for us. We can give them the old Cyhawk trophy with the family on it.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Well, this sucks. If it wasn’t for Big 12 officiating we are in Houston or Orlando. Instead, we get stuck playing a 7th Road game
Beating KSU would have had zero impact. Unless TCU made the New Years 6, we weren't going to play in Orlando. Texas bowl was always going to go with Texas.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Other cool things to do:

Grizzlies game
Gibson Guitar factory with tours of the manufacturing floor
Civil Rights Museum

All near Beale Street.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm and cygrads

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Should have picked better words, obviously, but regardless I can't believe people are so pissed about going to any bowl game, let alone one that is an easy drive on a Saturday. No it doesn't have much national relevance, but nothing outside about the top 8 bowls do.

If you want to help the cause for next year, make sure you go this year to keep the reputation of great fan support alive. The worst thing you can do is stay home and hurt the reputation for the next several years.

CyVolk

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2017
Liberty, Memphis...while not my 1st choice of opponent, after losing 3 of last 4, we can"t be choosy. I'll be off to Memphis to mingle with Clones, support the team and, hopefully, get a "W" against a higher ranked team!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron