Bowen Born

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
LOL at a poster who is clearly clueless regarding Mizzou's roster needs/quality vs ISU's.
Bolton is averaging 6 assists per game while also scoring 13 ppg on 57% from the floor while adding 7 rebounds. So far Buggs is averaging 1.3 assists 1 rebound, and 0 ppg. Looks like Bolton is filling that need well beyond what Buggs could.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Bolton is averaging 6 assists per game while also scoring 13 ppg on 57% from the floor while adding 7 rebounds. So far Buggs is averaging 1.3 assists 1 rebound, and 0 ppg. Looks like Bolton is filling that need well beyond what Buggs could.
You can't read. The comp wasn't Bolton vs Buggs. It was the Buggs vs Harris decision last spring which resulted in signing a 5-9 SG run off by a non-P6 program who didn't address a roster need of a facilitator and more perimeter defensive length.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyPunch and Messi

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
You can't read. The comp wasn't Bolton vs Buggs. It was the Buggs vs Harris decision last spring which resulted in signing a 5-9 SG run off by a non-P6 program who didn't address a roster need of a facilitator and more perimeter defensive length.
I got Harris over Buggs anytime.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Yeah I know what you are saying. But the one thing you said ISU needed Buggs for we have someone doing it better regardless of who it is. Any way you try to spin it Harris, Bolton, or even JCL are having a better season than Buggs. He would not of helped this team if he played like he is now. I was all for getting Buggs his assist numbers had me excited to potential have him. Hindsight says I'm glad we didnt.

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
Season ending hip surgery
I don't think that's official yet. It sounds like maybe the hip injury is similar to what Naz dealt with his 1st Senior year here. Green's a tough kid and probably wants to play as long as the doctors say he won't further damage anything. But that's just my guess.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I don't think that's official yet. It sounds like maybe the hip injury is similar to what Naz dealt with his 1st Senior year here. Green's a tough kid and probably wants to play as long as the doctors say he won't further damage anything. But that's just my guess.

It's a torn labrum. It's not officially official but he's having the surgery.

I would totally agree with you if it were a normal year that you play through it if possible but everything points to him just having it done.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I mean he was at Memphis. Yeah they aren't a P6 program but it would be silly to act like they aren't typically highly talented.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
This hip thing seems to be a phenomena of the last 5 years or so. Am I imagining that? Before Naz I can't think of one but now it seems to be semi-common.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This hip thing seems to be a phenomena of the last 5 years or so. Am I imagining that? Before Naz I can't think of one but now it seems to be semi-common.

I wonder if it's just an overuse thing that is now starting to crop up in players due to greater AAU schedules, or if it's a thing where they can identify it easier and fix it easier. Probably a bit of both. But I agree, I never heard about college kids' hips wearing out before Naz and now it seems like we've heard about it a lot.

Reactions: neiacy

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Kid is having a better FR season than anyone we have currently.

I don’t think this actually needs to be explained, but if any of our freshman (except Foster obviously because he is hurt) were playing on a terrible MVC team that had basically one scoring option, they would be putting up at least the same modest numbers Born is.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don’t think this actually needs to be explained, but if any of our freshman (except Foster obviously because he is hurt) were playing on a terrible MVC team that had basically one scoring option, they would be putting up at least the same modest numbers Born is.

Impossible, there is a whole thread dedicated to how bad the freshmen are.

but, yes you’re right. It’s crazy to think uni won 27 games last year, and they were terrible this year before Green went down.

• Dumb
Reactions: jcisuclones

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not sure about that. None of our guys are playmakers. Maybe Walker.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron