Bowen Born

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That's a horrible comparison. Holloway would be at the top of the key with his man standing on the FT line daring him to shoot. JH was the poster boy of game managing PG. Born's a shooter with range, a scorer with hops that unfortunately is less than 6 feet tall.
If Tim Floyd was coaching Born he would play like Holloway was asked to play or he wouldn't be playing. Jacy was a well rounded player in high school that was a secondary scorer on a state championship team his freshman year but was more of a primary scorer in each of his next three years. They won the title all 4 years of his career. Just because he wasn't allowed to shoot or create for himself earlier in the shot clock at ISU and was instead asked to facilitate doesn't mean he couldn't.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Me and this thread --

RVNv.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You've got him confused with Tyreek Locure.

Born had decent offers. UNI, Drake, Toledo, Bowling Green. Not P5 but defnitely good offers at the mid-major level.

He's small but he'll have a very, very nice career at UNI.

He's trolling saying we beat out South Alabama for Harris since they were a school mentioned with him like Baylor, Florida, Michigan etc when he entered the portal. He's not a Harris fan obviously lol

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
yeah but the argument made earlier was he is to small. So which is it? Can’t say he is to small if we just got a guy that is smaller

For me it's the fact nobody wants him. You can overcome being small and still be highly sought after as a recruit like Harris and Tyler Ulis

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
He's trolling saying we beat out South Alabama for Harris since they were a school mentioned with him like Baylor, Florida, Michigan etc when he entered the portal.

He's not a Harris fan obviously lol
Michigan and Florida? Oh, is that like we were mention as a finalist for Ozier?

I’m a Harris fan, not a CyTwins logic fan. Harris as a transfer isn’t demand much more than Born in high school. They’re pretty similar imo, hence I like both.

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Look I like Harris and I am super pumped we got him. Just wish we would have taken a shot with Borne. A home grown legacy recruit would have been nice. He will do
Well at UNI.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
People just like good stories. Legacies are inherently good stories.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
yeah but the argument made earlier was he is to small. So which is it? Can’t say he is to small if we just got a guy that is smaller

Posters have been saying both that he is too small and he doesn't have a single P5 offer.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Could the biggest factor be that he was a Barnstormer?
If anything that should have helped him pull a P5 offer considering they have the best summer schedule of all the travel teams in the state.
The organization is anti-ISU- some has to do their feeling Brady Ernst didn’t get treated right in his short time at ISU, some of it is they have stronger connections to IA and UNI’s staffs’. Other than Ernst, name a Barnstormer that went to ISU. But they have been IA and UNI’s farm club. I don’t think it’s been a huge loss for ISU- other than Green and JW, not many of their kids would have moved the needle much in the Big 12. I agree with Twins- BB would struggle at one end of the floor due to his size. But, that program is not pushing kids towards ISU either- they are in Fran’s backpocket.

Help Support Us

Become a patron